Sonic World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now and forever.

HomeForum RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchArcadeRegisterLog in

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame

Go down 
+24
Axiom
PikaScein
Star
Irockz
Eliwood
GoldenHedgehog360
EclipsePrower
Rhys the Porcupine
Shadow122
Neo
SallyFreak!
ReiuziUtsuho
Hammi589
SuperLightning
LSD
Sonic The Armadillo
kyilecool
Daz the Hedgehog
angry
Hero kirby123
sykog
Joe
Kapus
Smash The Echidna
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Number of posts : 3611
Current Mood : Something.
Fun Quote : I use this site for archiving writing notes and such. If you see me online, that's why.
Warning Level : Warning Points: N/A

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 2:34 am

Thanks a bunch.

On a small update, I'm currently working on a new feature. Climbing allows you to reach certain areas that seemed like you should have reached them, but just could not jump high enough. Now, you won't have to when you can grab onto the ledge and hoist yourself up. Later today I'll be back with a more detailed update on it. (just need to finish the sprites of it.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male
Fun Quote : I use this site for archiving writing notes and such. If you see me online, that's why.

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:21 am

This is how Climbing works. No, it's not Knuckles' wall climb. (Although I will try to see what I can do with that when I try to make Character Field Abilities.)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Climbing1 Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Climbing2
I can almost reach it!

Before, Getting up to places like that was impossible. And they're very low, too. Super Jumping would be overkill, but normal jumping is JUST too short.

So what you want to do is jump at it like you normally do, and grab hold!

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Climbing3

And then you just press the Action key and climb up.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Climbing4

There! Now those rings are yours.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Climbing5

You can also move around while on a ledge. This can be useful to get you across wider gaps, if there is a ledge to hand onto.

If you wanna get down, just..

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Climbing6 Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Climbing7

Jump off. Splice slightly changes his position when about to get down, as he's ready to jump off.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Climbing8
There, now we can finally get up here.

Disappointingly, that treasure chest that we've waited so long to open only contains an Apple Cider. You should have plenty of those after the attack on GFC.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 7:59 am

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Gizmo_sprite_Bigger

I've finally gotten around to finishing up Gizmo's alternate costume. Although he can't fight in it yet, I've finished his charset with it.

ALSO, I've made Gizmo's jumping sprites. So now Gizmo and Splice are the only two that have them. (Everyone else can jump of course, but they just don't have the sprites. They can perform all the features that Splice can, but they lack the sprites so it looks like they're walking throughout the whole thing.)

I'm gonna finish up Gizmo's alternate costume's jumping, and then I'll move onto swimming and climbing.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 4:29 am

Another small update. Gizmo can now swim, in both normal and alternate looks.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 GizmoGoggles

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 GizmoGoggles2

He puts his goggles on while swimming, and looks totally silly at the same time.

Also, I just remembered that the alternate costume during battle IS activated already. I just haven't worked on the sprites for it. So, That will be next after I finish his climbing.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:33 pm

I've been taking a long break. It's been nearly a month since the last update. As soon as I finish a couple of other things I've been working on, I will try to get back to work on this game. I'd lost all my motivation before, but thanks to Daz, It's starting to come back to me. Daz and I are working on a little music project together. (He's making the music, I coach him.) And his music most likely will make it to this game. Listening to the stuff he came up with has brought my motivation back up little by little.

Now, Let me just write out a little To Do List for this game.

1: Completely refurbish Splice's house. Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 23px-Yes_check.svg
----Includes: Fixing the Stairs, Changing the furniture around, aligning the floors properly, possibly rearranging some rooms, Add the basement and secondary Treasure Room that never got connected to the house, Possibly some other things along the way.

2: Finish Sonic and Crystal's charsets. Sonic's needs a quick once over, and Crystal's was never completed.
----Includes: Jumping, Climbing, Swimming. Possibly the same treatment for Tab, since Kapus is busy with oh so many other things.

3: Remake the insides of the shops.
----Includes: Drug Store, Armor Shop, Burger Joint, Harry Chao's Rares(slightly), Flower Shop.

4: Add NPC's to Green Flower City.
----Includes: Few original designs, few generic designs. Species; Hedgehog, Fox, Cat, Squirrel, Very few Echidnas. List may grow overtime.

5: Begin Construction of Station Square.
----Includes: Continuation of the Story.

Five major things that I need to do. Even with all of that down, Green Flower City will still not be fully complete. I still have other things I need to do there. To list them, they are:

1: The Hotel by the Beach.
2: Hedgehog Park. For Petes sake, Hedgehog Park. That place was the first thing I'd been putting off since before this game even came to be.
3: The continued part of the Docks.
4: The Post Office.
5: The Library.
6: The Department Store. (Which might be a bit redundant, seeing how there's already a Drug Store for medicine, Armor shop(which burns down, by the way) and a Burger Joint for healing items. But hey, It could work.)
7: The Hint Shop. (Flame/Ignition's appearance.)
8: The Western Outskirts of Green Flower City. (Where Frost lives.)
9: City Hall, which ceases to exist. I have to put it somewhere. I think I'll put it in place of the Mall, which is yet another redundancy.
10: The insides of Speedy's, Smash's, Tab's, and Lucy's houses.

This is like twice as much as the five major things I need to do. Unlike the majors, These things can wait. (although I think that I can do the Hint Shop while remaking the other stores.) I can easily get back to these things as I'm coming back around to Green Flower City storywise. Although places like City Hall, and the department store, I don't know if they'll have any importance to the story so I'll have to find some time for them. But the Western Outskirts of Green Flower City, I just remembered is important for the side quest to get Frost in your party. So I'm gonna have to add that to the major things to work on.

With that said, I should be getting back to work soon. Very soon.

Last edited by Smash The Echidna on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:21 pm

It's been hard getting on at a decent hour, lately. I only just now got back to work for the day. (night in this case) But a little preview as to what I was working on.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 THREEofThem
It was actually five, Frost already killed the other two.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 THREEofThem2
Considering where Frost's been, I'm pretty sure he's seen worse.

Heck, if Frost wasn't there, We'd be dead right where we stand. If you remember my videos, I was struggling with just two of the weaker ones. (I had two separate kinds for certain battles, one being stronger so that it would last longer against the higher leveled people.) These are two strong ones, one weak one, and if you leave that Crabmeat and those Buzz Bombers there, things could get ugly.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 3723
Current Mood : Moody
Fun Quote : still don't know what a pinterest is
Warning Level : Kapus is too lame for warning points

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:54 am

When does this take place?
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:04 am

This optional battle opens up after you defeat the Electric Pillar mini-boss, which opens up right before the main boss.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 6:50 am

Like I said before, Progress is slow, but here's a small update.

I finished the scene with Frost. I haven't made the area he's in when the city's in ruins yet, but now I'm working on Splice's house.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Rendition

It's a work in progress, but it's looking MUCH better. I had to re-size the chairs because, well, Who could sit on those tiny things? It'd have to bring some sort of uncomfort to your lower back area, if you could even fit on there.

Splice's hands look kinda off, though. I wanted them to be on his knees, but it doesn't really look accurate. I'll have to find a different position for them.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:13 pm

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Rendition-1

I fixed it up. Works better now.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Okay, so, I really haven't been doing much of any work on here. Now that I wanna get back, I feel lost. So, I'm gonna do another debug test run. Some things seem like they need to be looked over, so I need to make sure everything's in working order before I continue.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Remembering a feature I never really worked too much on, I decided to make it easier on myself and write a list of Synthesize-able Items, in almost a gamefaqs format. This'll help me keep things in order, and remember what can/should be made with what.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:00 pm

Okay, small update. Crystal and Sonic's charsets are complete, including Sonic's jumping animation. I now need to get Kapus to finish Tab's sprites. Her charset is a mess, and can only be used for when she's just standing in scenes. I need to make Crystal's jumping now, and then her swimming. I'm at a loss of what to do for Sonic's swimming...He'll have to be able to swim, because I can't make it so that he can't when everyone else can. =/

Splice's house is also in much better shape. Could possibly use a few more touchups here and there, maybe, but it's all good now.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:38 pm

I have just discovered something. It is possible to add diagonal walking to the game. By default, you could only walk in four directions. But I've found a way to allow you to walk in four extra directions. This has proved to be useful by not only increasing your walking speed slightly, but by passing through narrow directions that were once tedious to get by. One downside to this is that it makes movement feel ever so slightly slippery.
However, this cancels out jumping as long as you're doing it. If I can find a way to get around that, I will most definitely keep this.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 3723
Current Mood : Moody
Fun Quote : still don't know what a pinterest is
Warning Level : Kapus is too lame for warning points

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:21 pm

Smash The Echidna wrote:
increasing your walking speed slightly,

Haha, strafe running.

But can you explain how this works? I know that its possible to make an object move diagonally in an event, but how would the Hero do it?
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:42 pm

Ha, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Well, It's a combination of input keys and variables in a parallel process event. The Input key command includes the directional keys, so I have a few branch events set so that if two of them are pushed at the same time, then a move event on the hero causes them to move diagonally. Of course it doesn't work with opposite keys. (i.e left and right, up and down.)

EDIT: I managed to keep it from canceling out jumping. It's now an active feature in the game. Just bear in mind that it's a little bit slippery, so don't try to use it when in tight areas (Unless it's easier) or when you need to walk to a specific spot.

Now that it's an active feature in the game, does this mean I'll have to make separate sprites for walking diagonally now? Or should I just leave everything as it is?
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:07 pm

Hm, There's a problem with the feature. In the Attack on Green Flower City, If you walk diagonally, you can skip right over all the battle events. This would be useful for getting past the random battles that show up every so often, but it'll be really bad if you skipped over a mini boss event. I'm going to have to go over everything and redo it if I'm to keep this feature...

But I'll do that later. For now I need to finish what I've started. The charsets I've been putting off for too long.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:37 am

With both Sonic and Crystal's jumping done, I think I can probably spare the swimming sprites for now, seeing how there's nothing to swim in at this point of the game. (Unless you want to swim in the icky green sewer water in Station Square.) So I'm gonna move onto climbing. Sonic's is already done, I saved a copy for him while making Splice's. So now it's just Crystal. Shouldn't be too hard.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:25 am

Ugh, I give up. It is completely impossible to have any event respond when you're walking diagonally. Not only is this a big problem, but I had plans for the strafing. Unless I completely change the events in a convoluted, unorthodox way, I won't be able to keep this. Like dashing, this created more problems than it was worth, just like I originally feared. (except worse.) I had to deactivate the feature.

Quite sad. But I think I can still use it in certain areas...Just when you need to get past those annoying zigzagged spots.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Working on a new feature. Under Water areas. Basically, there are places where you can dive down under water. Movement is slower, I don't think I can make jumping any higher, and you can actually drown. There are also big bubbles for air that work just perfectly. Once I get all the technical stuff out of the way, (Which I think I did,) I'm gonna work on the sprites that will be used for under water.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Since you're under water, I had to make a new drowning animation. So far I've only got one direction of it down. Not to toot my horn, but even without the bubbly effects coming from his mouth, I kinda impressed myself with how it turned out.

Just as soon as this is finished, I'm going to start that video of the new updates and such.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:22 pm

I still have some more sprites to work out, but it works perfectly.

I've made working air bubbles as well.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 AirBubble

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 AirBubbleInhale
Of course, You'll want to get these a lot when down here. And yes, I'm aware of how silly he looks doing that.

But Let me clarify this now. When you're on the surface of the water, and the timer runs out, you get tired and sink, after you stop swimming. This takes down HP and returns you back on land.

But when you're already under water, it's not fatigue.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Drowning
It's lack of air. If you don't get an air bubble..

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Drowned

It's Game Over.

Remember, Use Bubbles Wisely!
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 3:22 pm

So, no real comments, huh? I guess you guys just wanna see this stuff in action, right?

After going through a long, unnerving incident with my game because I decided to work on my mom's occasionally unstable laptop, I started working again on the game like everything was normal. (because everything WAS back to normal, thankfully.) I began to make a Chao Garden. So far there's nothing to look at. However, I got a pretty nice fountain area to the side.

But this isn't what I was supposed to be working on. How'd I get onto this? scratch
I was curious about something, which lead to me making this. Mainly, the entrance to the chao garden is what I was working with. I'm not gonna say where it is. You'll find out later.

I think I'll stop that for now, once I make it possible to exit the chao garden, (which I haven't done yet, sadly.) I'm gonna go and testplay the game like I said I would. I really need to figure out what I should do next before moving onto Station Square. I really, REALLY want to move onward with the story.

Also. Does anyone mind helping me out here? I need some NPC's. It'd take a while for me to get them all done. And I don't want to repeat using the same ones in every other area. (I will repeat using some of the same ones, of course, but I want some variety.)
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:10 pm

Since there are like so many distractions keeping me from doing my test plays, I'm just going to focus on making this video. Although I noticed that I didn't have as many features made as I thought I did. So..What I'm going to do is, Finally try and make the Item Synthesis work. I never got around to making it far enough so that you'd actually be able to create something. So, yeah. I really want to see how I can do this. I'm also going to try and see what I can do with the Journal. I want to work on it as I move onward in the game.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:38 am

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 StationSquare

I've finally decided to go ahead and work on Station Square. Not too much to look at yet, since I'm still arranging the tilesets, but I like how the road is looking. Also, I'm gonna have to go and play Sonic Adventure again to get a better feel on the place, just to try and get it to be a bit more accurate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame
Page 36 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next