Sonic World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now and forever.

HomeForum RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchArcadeRegisterLog in

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame

Go down 
+24
Axiom
PikaScein
Star
Irockz
Eliwood
GoldenHedgehog360
EclipsePrower
Rhys the Porcupine
Shadow122
Neo
SallyFreak!
ReiuziUtsuho
Hammi589
SuperLightning
LSD
Sonic The Armadillo
kyilecool
Daz the Hedgehog
angry
Hero kirby123
sykog
Joe
Kapus
Smash The Echidna
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male
Registration date : 2009-05-26
Number of posts : 4098
Current Mood : Why do you need to know? creeper.
Fun Quote : Can't say slaughter without laughter!
Warning Level : Warning Points: 1

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:10 am

Alright cant wait to play.

Also any news on the RTP?

Oh yeah, i felt like drawing splice the other day for no reason.
Anyplace where i could find a refrence sheet?
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Number of posts : 3611
Current Mood : Something.
Fun Quote : I use this site for archiving writing notes and such. If you see me online, that's why.
Warning Level : Warning Points: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:19 am

The RTP? I should be able to get that together and send it along with the demo of Splice The Hedgehog.

A reference sheet of Splice? Well...uhh..I don't exactly have an official reference sheet, but if you read This, you should be able to draw him.

Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male
Fun Quote : I use this site for archiving writing notes and such. If you see me online, that's why.

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:41 am

I've got some screenshots on the new areas here. The seweres aren't really new, but I added to it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Nice Screenies.

and thanks for the wikipage PutZaticUnderOtherCharacters

oh and about his appearance. should he come in when he come in when he is at god status or lesser status. because god status would work better with my story.
Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:42 am

Would this one work?

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 SpliceTheHedgehog-5

AND YES I KNOW THIS IS YOUR PICTURE SMASH.....

Oh yeah, and Zatic should probably give you his marshmallow polearm
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:25 pm

I don't know what form he should take. I'll decide that when I get there.

As for Splice's reference, I think it would be best if you used his Furry Dollmaker pic. That's the most detailed one.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 SpliceTheHedgehog-4

The only thing is, Splice has longer quills that go downward some. And he doesn't generally wear that scarf. But in anycase, that's as detailed as you can get.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 5:54 am

Okay. Here's what I got.

I finished the test playing, got up to where I left off in the story with everyone above level 5. (Sonic&Splice at level 9, while Tab is level 7 and Crystal level 6) That's good for this part of the game. Possible a tad overleveled, but it's good. Going any higher would be over trained. The only thing I missed was an optional boss which starts a side quest.

Now that I've finished the test playing, you should know that I've fixed just about everything that needs to be fixed, in terms of glitches and stuff. So I should now be getting ready for the technical stuff for getting the demo ready for a release.

Now, there are some things you need to know. Tab's charset is obviously not finished. Some times she'll have her very first beta sprites, (which look like a choppy purple Gizmo recolor) Sometimes she'll have her completely up to date sprites but will disappear because they aren't finished being put together. So, don't mind that too much. Crystal is not finished either. Although her charset is about as good as it's gonna get, in battle she still has a few things to work out.

Progress Report wrote:

Character Progress

Number of Completed Characters: 5

Splice, Smash, Kyle, Frost, Gizmo.

More skills can be added to: Splice, Kyle, Gizmo. Frost's skills may or may not be remade specifically for this game.

Number of Decently playable Characters (I.e, can go into and out of battle without disappearing or having glitchy animations, not counting status changes): 8

Sonic, Crystal, Violet, Tab, Kitty(Child form), Speedy, Daz, Cymbeline.

Characters needing work for next part: Sonic, Tails, Tab, Crystal.

Characters needing complete makeovers: Speedy, Pearl.

Story And Area Progress

Story Progression: 2% complete. Completed intro and first objective. Will move onto second objective after demo release.

Map creation progress:

World Map: 2% complete. Only the main island is there, and it's not complete yet.

Green Flower City: 83% Complete. The Docks need to be completed, and characters houses, along with a few NPC's houses and adding NPC's to the city.

GFC Sewers: 8% Complete. It's looking pretty good, but there's still so much more that could be added to it.

Green Flower Zone: Act 1 - 10% Complete/Act 2 - 1% Complete. Still needs a lot of work.

Fox Forest: ??% Complete. It's looking beautiful so far, but it's unknown how much more will be added onto it.

Night Forest Zone: 5% Complete. It still needs a lot more work, although the only map that it has so far is complete.

Station Square: 0% Complete. It's not nearly done. It was only just started on.

Character Selects: ??% Complete. It won't be fully complete until the end of the game. The character select changes depending on where you are. However, the functions of the Character Select itself aren't even fully complete.

Various elements:

Elemental Rings: 1% Complete. There are many Elemental Rings, and only few of them work and even fewer people are compatable with them at the moment.

Jumping: 91% Complete. It works, but there needs to be sprites of everyone jumping. Therefor, its not quite complete yet.

Running: Disabled. This feature caused many glitches in the gameplay. It was useful for testing, but it's not to be used in the release.

Skits: 70% Complete. They work, but everyone needs Skit animations. Also, there are some things that could be used in the skits to make them more interesting. Also, the Skit Viewer item has been disabled. You now press the number "0" to activate the skits.

Journal: 5% Complete. A feature that was newly created, but it looks rather impressive. It needs much work before it's ready to be shown off in action.

Character Skill sharing: 0% Complete. Basically, Characters can learn skills from eachother. It hasn't been started on, but it can work.

Alternate Costumes: 1% complete. Only Gizmo has one so far. He doesn't have one in battle though. Not yet atleast.

Time of Day: 99% Complete. There were some glitches with it, but once those have been ironed out, it will be complete.

Character Affection: 100% Complete. It works, but the game isn't up to a point to where it effects anything yet.

Overlimit/Trance/High Tension: 50% Complete. It apparently works, but it needs more work.

Item Creation/Synthesis: 10% Complete. It needs a whole lot more work and effert put into it.

Yeah, that's what I've got. I'm gonna get the stuff ready.

Also, as a little side thing.

https://2img.net/h/i121.photobucket.com/albums/o215/YusefHalim/MapofGFC-1.png

I took all the areas in Green Flower City and turned it all into one big map there. It may look pretty choppy, It was made from different maps all put together after all. I didn't complete all the areas in the city as mentioned above, so it's incomplete too. But it'll give you a good idea on where everything is.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:51 am

Okay, there's only like one or two things left for me to do. I should be able to have them done by tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan
GoldenHedgehog360

Male
Registration date : 2010-03-28
Number of posts : 2151
Current Mood : I dunno.

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:19 pm

Alright, that's great! I can't wait to play.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:17 am

Finally. This took longer than it should have. Ah-HHEEEM!! The moment you have been waiting for. It has arrived..

Splice The Hedgehog Demo 1 Download

Now, There's something you should know first. And that is how to set it up. Now, If you don't have it already, you should download this. It's the RPGMaker 2003, the engine used to make the game. It won't run without it. When both downloads are finished, put the Splice the Hedgehog folder inside of the RPGMaker's folder. You should be able to play it then. If it's asking to reinstall, go ahead. the setup is included. Make sure you have it all in the RPGmaker's folder.

Now, the game, here are the controls:

Movement: Arrow keys, Num. Arrow keys.
Action Key (basically the "okay" button.): Enter, Control, Spacebar, Num. Enter.
Cancel: Esc, Num. 0 (There might be another button for it, but I don't remember.)
Jump: Right Shift
View Skits: 0 (It should say that when a skit appears.)

That's pretty much all you need to know. Once you got that down, feel free to play! Some advice for playing though: Explore as much as you can before moving on in the story. Otherwise you might miss some things. Also, take a look at the day/night system. If waiting for the timer to run out is too boring, just go take a nap in your house.

Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:22 am

I'll be sure to make a full review of it when i'm done.

Boy this is exciting :D
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:26 am

Thanks. It took me forever to do this.
Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:28 am

Wow. The download is going to take an entire hour to finish?

I still have an hour ad 30 mins to wait. big demo huh?
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:42 am

Wow, really? Well, I guess it is kinda big then.
Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:46 am

Yeah. im at 35 % now.
Back to top Go down
angry
Toilet Princess
Toilet Princess
angry

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-16
Number of posts : 3214
Current Mood : See, I might have had a mood. IF, I were just any old dude.
Fun Quote : As if.
Warning Level : Banned

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:19 am

Alright! Someone is finally going to be able to play!
Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:13 am

"RTP is not downloaded or registered"

THis takes up the remaining memory on my PC so tell me by 11 or its deleted.
Back to top Go down
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan
GoldenHedgehog360

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:25 am

Darn, it's a RAR file. Oh well, I'm sure it's good.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:42 am

Try reinstalling the RPGMaker. It should help. It should give you the setup to the RTP, which you should use.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:12 am

I went and downloaded the RPG Maker myself on a different computer. Everything was turned into a "DAT" file. Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 SmashFacepalmB

Okay, here's what you do. Download This and install it. Then put Splice The Hedgehog into the folder.
Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:29 am

INTRODCUTION

This is my review of the fan-game "Splice The Hedgehog" created by Smash The Echidna. Spoilers may be given out due to this being a full review of the game in all. If you haven't played before i suggest turning your head.

TITLE.

INDENTINDENT Okay, I start up the game Splice the hedgehog. A very nice looking title screen. Though its all the same type of pillow shading, it still keeps it's impressive look due to the fact that it's original.

BEFORE BLACK ROSE.

INDENTINDENT The story has a very nice intro and an ominous introduction, though it took WAY to long for the next thing to happen. I felt like after the the text box dissapeared I was waiting at the screen, watching the house for longer than I should. Anyway then he wakes up and starts his routine. The events and sounds are well shifted, moved around and used. The Black rose orphanage. Hidden very well. I found it finally. Now i stay before it infront of a save point.

BLACK ROSE.

INDENTINDENT Okay i go right, I see a girl and 2 thugs. I lost the battle my 1st time around. the second time i won with 8 HP left so spare...phew! Maybe just a TAD too difficult. not by THAT far though. Then the egg carrier arrives. Very Very Laggy, I don't think I can play any further but I will try. Anyway i take 2 steps forward and I get confronted by Badniks. Lets keep in mind that i still have 8 HP left. I die and i have to start over, The same thing keeps happening this is as far as I can possibly go, though i get a little farther when I buy things.

GRAPHICS: The graphics are mostly RTP So i will skip that. Splice is a recolor of sonic. though more of the original ones i think. And another thing is that none of the art styles seem to mesh. and the Splice sprite when he runs up is definatly bad because he looks like he's really haulin' it, as the other directions are just walking.The SFX and scenes are well made so I will give this a 7

MUSICVery well used for scenes light hearted to Intense. 9

GAMEPLAY: It gets boring if no one does anything. Fun though. The fact that the game doesn't save ot even tell you why you cant if there is a reason really kills it though.7

APPEAL: It makes you really want to play it because the story is engaging and the cutscenes are brillantly executed, 8

OVERALL: This game has a few kinks it needs to knock out but i feel even better about my chara playing an extra boss. 8

You have a lot of work cut out for you, but I think you can do it. :)

Last edited by SuperLightning on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
angry
Toilet Princess
Toilet Princess
angry

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-16
Number of posts : 3214
Current Mood : See, I might have had a mood. IF, I were just any old dude.
Fun Quote : As if.
Warning Level : Banned

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:12 am

I laughed for a good 30 seconds at that.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:26 am

SuperLightning wrote:
INTRODCUTION

This is my review of the fan-game "Splice The Hedgehog" created by Smash The Echidna. Spoilers may be given out due to this being a full review of the game in all. If you haven't played before i suggest turning your head.

TITLE.

INDENTINDENT Okay, I start up the game Splice the hedgehog. A very nice looking title screen. Though its all the same type of pillow shading, it still keeps it's impressive look due to the fact that it's original.

BEFORE BLACK ROSE.

INDENTINDENT The story has a very nice intro and an ominous introduction, though it took WAY to long for the next thing to happen. I felt like after the the text box dissapeared I was waiting at the screen, watching the house for longer than I should. Anyway then he wakes up and starts his routine. The events and sounds are well shifted, moved around and used. The Black rose orphanage...I cant find it. While looking for it I discovered a tan house. A comedic crash scene mentions speedy's name. but when i go in it it takes me back to splice's house....Then i find the Blitz pit. I go in and i find sand bag. Very glitchy.
And i can't even get out, or escape for that matter.

I will update this when i know what to do. Please tell me.

Sorry about the long introduction. I've been known to do stuff like that. As for the Black Rose Orphanage, when you heard the comedic crashing sounds, you were on the right track. You should have followed the road you were on. Didn't he say it was in the North-West part of town? The Blitz Pit is in the South-West. And what do you mean you can't escape? That doesn't sound right. And going into Speedy's house only to take it back to Splice's? You really shouldn't have been able to go in there at all, I didn't make the house yet. I don't know why it did that.

I just checked the training room in the Blitz Pit. Someone was messing with the sandbags again. >.>
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Number of posts : 3332
Current Mood : not sure

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:41 pm

I might have to download this.
Back to top Go down
http://sykog77.deviantart.com
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan
GoldenHedgehog360

Male

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:47 pm

Sounds extremely glitchy, but it still sounds decent. After all, this is just a demo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame
Page 31 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next