Sonic World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now and forever.

HomeForum RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchArcadeRegisterLog in

SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..

Go down 
+9
PikaScein
Moriah214
angry
Razor
Rhys the Porcupine
GoldenHedgehog360
Bob
Smash The Echidna
SuperLightning
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhys the Porcupine
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Rhys the Porcupine

Male
Registration date : 2010-01-27
Number of posts : 3704
Current Mood : Happy
Fun Quote : I never give up, no matter what happens!
Warning Level : Warning Points: 0

SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:48 am

Supersonic84 wrote:
the only thing that is stupid is

if fire is a super rare element gift from the beyond

why does 99,999,999,999 fan characters have it

Cause they try to be cool and look epic. They need to think of unique ways to do that.
Back to top Go down
https://sonicworld.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Razor
Elite Member
Elite Member
Razor

Male
Registration date : 2010-02-27
Number of posts : 713
Current Mood : hi
Fun Quote : bill:im not joshing you pal
Warning Level : Warning Points: 1

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:24 am

thats why i use ice :D but again not many people use ice SMASH! the only ones i know is sceinic,ciara and razor.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/razor911dude
Bob
Distant Traveler
Distant Traveler
Bob

Male
Registration date : 2008-11-08
Number of posts : 1933

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:37 am

Okay here is the bar of Awesomeness when it comes to the element ice

-
|
|AWESOME: Timefreezer
|
-
|
|Cool: Freezestorm
|
-
|
|Meh: Icequake
|
-
|
| Still sad: Ice Smash
|
-
|
| You must be joking : Ice
|

yeah..... the bar of awesome never lies

Back to top Go down
Rhys the Porcupine
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Rhys the Porcupine

Male

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:15 am

Pure awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan
GoldenHedgehog360

Male
Registration date : 2010-03-28
Number of posts : 2151
Current Mood : I dunno.

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:26 am

Zetsepkuu can freeze time when he has 50 rings and a time stone =D
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Number of posts : 3332
Current Mood : not sure
Warning Level : Warning Points: N/A

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:21 pm

According to this, neither of my characters fail.
Back to top Go down
http://sykog77.deviantart.com
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Number of posts : 3611
Current Mood : Something.
Fun Quote : I use this site for archiving writing notes and such. If you see me online, that's why.

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Well, To me, As long as your characters aren't overpowered, I see nothing wrong with them having generic powers. I mean, it may not be cool, but your character doesn't have to be the cool guy. I mean, There's more to a character than just their powers and capabilities. They could just as easily be "Just some guy". I think that if their powers and the rest of their character goes together well enough, the character is good. Whether their powers are generic or original.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Rhys the Porcupine
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Rhys the Porcupine

Male

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:59 am

My character got his powers from doing tests in Sector 15. Before taken into it, he was a regular hedgehog.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Distant Traveler
Distant Traveler
Bob

Male

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:38 am

Smash The Echidna wrote:
Well, To me, As long as your characters aren't overpowered, I see nothing wrong with them having generic powers. I mean, it may not be cool, but your character doesn't have to be the cool guy. I mean, There's more to a character than just their powers and capabilities. They could just as easily be "Just some guy". I think that if their powers and the rest of their character goes together well enough, the character is good. Whether their powers are generic or original.

yeah if you don't want your character to be interesting sure

Rhys the Hedgehog wrote:
My character got his powers from doing tests in Sector 15. Before taken into it, he was a regular hedgehog.

Crash Bandicoot rip off 73% completion
Back to top Go down
Rhys the Porcupine
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Rhys the Porcupine

Male

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:44 am

Supersonic84 wrote:
Smash The Echidna wrote:

Rhys the Hedgehog wrote:

I wasn't even referring it to Crash. Never meant it that way. Besides, Crash doesn't have anything to do with this anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Distant Traveler
Distant Traveler
Bob

Male

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:50 am

Rhys the Hedgehog wrote:
Supersonic84 wrote:
Smash The Echidna wrote:

Rhys the Hedgehog wrote:

I wasn't even referring it to Crash. Never meant it that way. Besides, Crash doesn't have anything to do with this anyway.

i meant that the origins are pretty much basically the same
Back to top Go down
Rhys the Porcupine
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Rhys the Porcupine

Male

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:59 am

They are similar, yes. I've played a lot of Crash games. It's different than that though. I still have to edit the bio for my character. That's a quick explanation how he gets his powers.
Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male
Registration date : 2009-05-26
Number of posts : 4098
Current Mood : Why do you need to know? creeper.
Fun Quote : Can't say slaughter without laughter!

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 5:52 am

k brah
Back to top Go down
Eliwood
The Tablet Artist
Eliwood

Male
Registration date : 2009-11-22
Number of posts : 531
Current Mood : I don't know
Fun Quote : At least I cqn spell things

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:30 am

SuperLightning wrote:
http://www.katfeete.net/writing/marysue.html This should help you out mightly kindly for developing characters,

"Ignition is only a little like you. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Ignition, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Ignition is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him. "

This is what I got.
Back to top Go down
Razor
Elite Member
Elite Member
Razor

Male

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:50 am

AHHHHHHHH razor is at the top :D razor dosent freeze time though he mostly uses his ice powers for self defense if its a powerful opponenet you know?? but again he was born with it but i wrote it as a curse in "razor the hedgehog" because raor had alot of training to do after his sister died in combat.
Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:41 am

Eliwood wrote:
SuperLightning wrote:
http://www.katfeete.net/writing/marysue.html This should help you out mightly kindly for developing characters,

"Ignition is only a little like you. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Ignition, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Ignition is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him. "

This is what I got.

That's the best one. Good.
Back to top Go down
Nova X
Nova X

Female
Registration date : 2009-02-25
Number of posts : 612
Current Mood : Cat
Fun Quote : You ATE your own HINEY!?

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:22 am

"Novastar is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. She may be popular, or she may not, but no matter what she's impossible to ignore; she stands out... just the way you always wanted to. She always knew she was special, destined for great things - and probablyf made sure everyone else knew it too. She's come in for her share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And she's gotten no slack from you.

You may have let yourself get a little too close to Novastar. Maybe she's you as you wish you were, or maybe you're just afraid no one will like her and are trying to give her a free ride. Have some confidence in your writing! Novastar is a good character. Give her room to be herself before you stifle her. "

what
Back to top Go down
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan
GoldenHedgehog360

Male
Registration date : 2010-03-28
Number of posts : 2151
Current Mood : I dunno.

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:23 pm

The Odd Test wrote:
Zetsepkuu is only a little like you. He is so impossibly hip that he has difficulty seeing over his own pelvis; he'll probably die young, but damn, will it have been a good life. He always knew he was special, destined for great things - and probablyf made sure everyone else knew it too. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever he gains, he's worked for.

You may have let yourself get a little too close to Zetsepkuu. Maybe he's you as you wish you were, or maybe you're just afraid no one will like him and are trying to give him a free ride. Have some confidence in your writing! Zetsepkuu is a good character. Give him room to be himself before you stifle him.

Orly?
Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Nova has a Fedora wrote:
"Novastar is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. She may be popular, or she may not, but no matter what she's impossible to ignore; she stands out... just the way you always wanted to. She always knew she was special, destined for great things - and probablyf made sure everyone else knew it too. She's come in for her share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And she's gotten no slack from you.

You may have let yourself get a little too close to Novastar. Maybe she's you as you wish you were, or maybe you're just afraid no one will like her and are trying to give her a free ride. Have some confidence in your writing! Novastar is a good character. Give her room to be herself before you stifle her. "

what

Basically means you favor this character way too much and is almost generic.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male
Fun Quote : I use this site for archiving writing notes and such. If you see me online, that's why.

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:32 pm

SuperLightning wrote:

That test didn't cover as much as I expected.
I took the test for most of my main characters, and they're all pretty much healthy. Although it said I was a little too close to Smash.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Distant Traveler
Distant Traveler
Bob

Male

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:10 am

My character is the best because his creator is the best

i like this logic
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:21 am

Supersonic84 wrote:

i like this logic

Don't we all?
Back to top Go down
Razor
Elite Member
Elite Member
Razor

Male

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 4:33 am

Supersonic84 wrote:

i like this logic

especially razor and his creator wow! man that kid is so awesome :D
Back to top Go down
Bob
Distant Traveler
Distant Traveler
Bob

Male

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 4:37 am

Razor wrote:
Supersonic84 wrote:

i like this logic

especially razor and his creator wow! man that kid is so awesome :D

well yeah if your talking about awesome at sucking

i kid i kid
Back to top Go down
angry
Toilet Princess
Toilet Princess
angry

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-16
Number of posts : 3214
Current Mood : See, I might have had a mood. IF, I were just any old dude.
Fun Quote : As if.
Warning Level : Banned

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 7:26 am

Since Speedy doesn't really have a backstory, I didn't enter him.

I instead entered Roy, and I seemed to get the same thing Ignition did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..   SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts.. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

SL's Fan Character Do's and Don'ts..
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next