Sonic World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now and forever.

HomeForum RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchArcadeRegisterLog in

Chatbox troubles again

Go down 
+14
GoldenHedgehog360
Rhys the Porcupine
Razor
sykog
Eliwood
Bob
PikaScein
ReiuziUtsuho
Snow Goddess
Kapus
Hakota Tenshimaru
SuperLightning
Smash The Echidna
Joe
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe
Flying Coffee table
Flying Coffee table

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Number of posts : 5259
Warning Level : Banned

Chatbox troubles again Empty
PostSubject: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:15 am

I've noticed no one seems to be listening to authority on the chat over the last few days. Breaking chat numerous times, annoying each other, and swearing (Although I've only encountered excessive swearing once so far), This has got to stop. Members, obey your superiors. They were put in power for a reason. If I catch or am notified of any more of this, the chatbox will be taken down for several days. Rules are not for breaking, children.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male
Number of posts : 3611
Current Mood : Something.
Fun Quote : I use this site for archiving writing notes and such. If you see me online, that's why.
Warning Level : Warning Points: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:22 am

I've heard a saying "Rules are made to be broken". Obviously, it was not from a wise old man.

In anycase, I agree. I absolutely hate it when I try to enforce rules and deal with members who act like spoiled 7 year olds.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male
Registration date : 2009-05-26
Number of posts : 4098
Current Mood : Why do you need to know? creeper.
Fun Quote : Can't say slaughter without laughter!
Warning Level : Warning Points: 1

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:46 am

well ths mods here are aboslutley terrible and aren't very active. You need to inform them what a joke is. I posted stop breaking the chat 84 in spam mode for a joke, and they freakin BAN me from the chat for a week? What is this freakin' communist russia? This website has once AGAIN lost my respect. Just when im ready to give some respect back you all find a way to P*** me off once again.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Flying Coffee table
Flying Coffee table

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:56 am

SuperLighting wrote:
well ths mods here are aboslutley terrible and aren't very active. You need to inform them what a joke is. I posted stop breaking the chat 84 in spam mode for a joke, and they freakin BAN me from the chat for a week? What is this freakin' communist russia? This website has once AGAIN lost my respect. Just when im ready to give some respect back you all find a way to P*** me off once again.
Is spam against the rules? Yes, it is.
But the moderator who banned you was having personal issues at the time of the banning and forgot about you, which is why you were never unbanned. I apologize for the mishap.
Back to top Go down
Hakota Tenshimaru
Rookie
Rookie
Hakota Tenshimaru

Male
Registration date : 2009-04-26
Number of posts : 67
Warning Level : Warning Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 3:58 am

I apologize for acting up and stuff in the chat. even if I did it out of fun. I'm sorry and I'll learn to keep the messing around down a little. Once again I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 3723
Current Mood : Moody
Fun Quote : still don't know what a pinterest is
Warning Level : Kapus is too lame for warning points

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:06 am

This is ridiculous.

I wish we had a better selection of members here.
Back to top Go down
Hakota Tenshimaru
Rookie
Rookie
Hakota Tenshimaru

Male
Registration date : 2009-04-26
Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:12 am

Ouch Kap..
Back to top Go down
Joe
Flying Coffee table
Flying Coffee table

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:21 am

Hakota Tenshimaru wrote:
I apologize for acting up and stuff in the chat. even if I did it out of fun. I'm sorry and I'll learn to keep the messing around down a little. Once again I'm sorry.
Well, it's good to see at least a few members acting civil.
Back to top Go down
Snow Goddess
FC matchmaker
FC matchmaker
Snow Goddess

Female
Registration date : 2008-12-24
Number of posts : 569
Current Mood : nothing

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:25 am

Hako isn't too bad on chat. Just when it seems to get real crazy otherwise he doesn't do anything to get kicked or ban that often. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female
Registration date : 2009-10-17
Number of posts : 740
Current Mood : Having too much fun with Touhou to give a damn about this site's downfall.
Fun Quote : Let the looting begin!

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:30 am

Doodlestar wrote:
Rules are not for breaking, children.
You do realize that, if you make a rule or law, there will ALWAYS be someone who breaks it, right? So, rules WERE made to be broken. However, I'm not the type of person who goes around breaking rules 24/7.
Back to top Go down
http://ask-danielthehedgehog.tumblr.com/
Snow Goddess
FC matchmaker
FC matchmaker
Snow Goddess

Female
Registration date : 2008-12-24
Number of posts : 569
Current Mood : nothing

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:38 am

Daniel the Hedgehog wrote:
Doodlestar wrote:
You do realize that, if you make a rule or law, there will ALWAYS be someone who breaks it, right? So, rules WERE made to be broken. However, I'm not the type of person who goes around breaking rules 24/7.

Well it seems members have been breaking rules a lot lately which isn't a good thing so you saying rules were made to be broken doesn't help and no they are not. Rules are meant to be followed not to be broken daily. Just because you say rules were made to be broken doesn't mean members should go and start breaking rules that they don't like. They will have to get over it sooner or later but breaking them doesn't lead to solution only more problems.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 3723
Current Mood : Moody
Fun Quote : still don't know what a pinterest is
Warning Level : Kapus is too lame for warning points

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:50 am

Daniel the Hedgehog wrote:
Doodlestar wrote:

That does not mean the rules are made for the purpose of being broken. They are made to be followed.
That's like saying ice cream is made for it to fall off of its cone and on to the sidewalk. It happens sometimes, but its not meant to happen.
Its meant to be eaten.
Back to top Go down
PikaScein
Adventurer
Adventurer
PikaScein

Female
Registration date : 2009-06-13
Number of posts : 1635
Current Mood : Tired x-x
Fun Quote : Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:10 am

Hmmm.... I wonder what rules taste like.
Honestly, I haven't seen many problems on the chatbox, except when 84 is on it.
Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:49 am

Whatever, Bottom line FORCE the mods to read the rules, especially snowy who is OBVIOUSLY the most dissatached from the site and the rules.

Snowy locked Mizox's introduction topic for no reason other than the topic was started at the 24th and people were still posting in it. and the 8th was the date she locked it. I think LSD or someone un-locked it. It wasn't a month old. and it wasn't innactive, so keep your opinions out of doing mod business and stick by the damn rules.

And if nova was having trouble, thats too bad. But don't take it out on me for no reason. If you're feeling down, just take a break instead of banning people for light joke for an unreasonable ammount of time. A kick would have worked, because a kick is like slapping someone's wrist. it tells them that what they did was wrong, and they should not do it. where banning is like banishment....wait. that IS what banning is. The sonner you take your anger or problems out on me the sooner i get P*** off.

Seriously, I was a better mod than half of you on here and it was a shame i was taken off. and No, dont say "here we go about the mod status again" because they have no idea how to:

A. STICK BY THE DAMN RULES. Kapus wrote them for a reason. Though i personanlly dont agree with MANY of them.
B. Take others into account, their feelings matter even if they have 10 posts or 50 or even 2000. Maybe if you guys would do that then maybe they would stop being so unruly while all you guys do is sit in your easychairs and talk about how stupid and immature they are.
C. Taking things personally is a flaw many people have. But this is a luxury you can't have.
When dealing with someone keep a level head and Respond to whatever they may fling back, but never insult back. This is a mistake I had as a mod and was the reason they got taken away, though it was much worse than you would have thought. I made flame topics and got mad at everyone for not following the rules of my topic. though they blatantly dissobeyed the rules and were totally wrong to insult me, i should have stayed calm. and maybe i would still be a nice moderator.

Seriously, the only person i see doing all of this is Isabella, and she isn't even a freaking moderator. She deserves to be premoted. personally the only reason i think Snowy even has her job is because her and smash's FCs are Married...or whatever you kids call it when two not real things are joined together in holynotholy matrimony. I mean, i had a pure example of her many wrong-doings to me personally and Smash said:"Oh! SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT SHES LIKE A SISTER TO ME!". Cut the Bullshit. And when I brought it up while we were discussing Snowy's preformance as a mod all you did was call me a liar. speedy was promoted cause kapus pretty much runs the site. And they are related. And yes this all seems fair and it is, but not a good reason to be premoted to mod status ill tell ya whut.

And to Normal members. STOP BEING WHINEY LITTLE BRATS. Seriously, i know you are children but could you at least grow up and stop breaking the rules? Cussing is not allowed in the chat. Damn and Hell are debatable, and only really banned on boards that protect children. That means Scenic, you have to stop Provoking 84 to post spammy messages and when she does 84 please don't spam back. No one is trying to take your fun away. though this board is becoming stricter every freakin month. You All also have to stop being so protective on creative works and realize that if you post them anywhere on the internet you will MOST LIKELY RECEIVE Criticism. heres an example.

BLATANT INSULT: Ugh, what were you even thinking? This is terrible! You're terrible! You can't draw! Just stop.
CRITICISM: The arm is a bit longer on the left and the face looks rather ugly and mishapen, try moving the nose and mouth closer together and further down the mouth.

THERE. IS. A. DIFFERENCE. And just because nobody likes what you did or likes your ideas, doesn't mean anyone is attacking you. It means they really aren't good and we're trying to help you. Having a noble unwilling-ness to change them and being uncecessarily stubborn and defensive are two different things. Find out somebody doesn't like your ideas? Instead of Crying about it and s*** in your diapers, how about you ASK THEM what they would have done it and compare the two. Who knows maybe they have done the same thing, failed and found a better way or something.

In Concusion everyone in the world has problems. Me, You, and that fat old guy across the street who never wears a shirt. But you have to work on those problems in order to move on. Growing up is also a big part of it. And you can't just become mature. What you should do is when introduced with the same problem react in a different way, a better way next time, and realise the reactions to what you have done, and what is to come of it.

/Rantover

Back to top Go down
Bob
Distant Traveler
Distant Traveler
Bob

Male
Registration date : 2008-11-08
Number of posts : 1933

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:57 am

meh i'm going to go with my chances and keep using my sense of humor
Back to top Go down
Eliwood
The Tablet Artist
Eliwood

Male
Registration date : 2009-11-22
Number of posts : 531
Current Mood : I don't know
Fun Quote : At least I cqn spell things

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:07 am

Oh SL, a part of criticism also requires saying good things about it too you know.

Also, I would dare say that through my year of experience of being an important moderator (and a high staff member) and the admin of a slightly active chat, I would honestly say I do have experience as a mod myself. Now, does this mean I am begging to be staff? No. No it does not. So don't get that silly little idea into your head.

Also, as a suggestion from me, I'd like the rules to be categorized into groups. Like rules on specific subjects, or heck, even separate rules for the chat box as opposed to applying them to the same rules just saying "this is for the chatbox."
Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:15 am

Eliwood wrote:
Oh SL, a part of criticism also requires saying good things about it too you know.

Also, I would dare say that through my year of experience of being an important moderator (and a high staff member) and the admin of a slightly active chat, I would honestly say I do have experience as a mod myself. Now, does this mean I am begging to be staff? No. No it does not. So don't get that silly little idea into your head.

Also, as a suggestion from me, I'd like the rules to be categorized into groups. Like rules on specific subjects, or heck, even separate rules for the chat box as opposed to applying them to the same rules just saying "this is for the chatbox."
I know. but if there is nothing positive to say about it , like isabella did about Explosion of cheese, she made it very well put. So yeah, it isn't always apart.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Flying Coffee table
Flying Coffee table

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:36 am

Deleted the last several posts.
84, SL, take it to PM.
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Number of posts : 3332
Current Mood : not sure

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:43 am

SuperLighting wrote:
Whatever, Bottom line FORCE the mods to read the rules, especially snowy who is OBVIOUSLY the most dissatached from the site and the rules.

Snowy locked Mizox's introduction topic for no reason other than the topic was started at the 24th and people were still posting in it. and the 8th was the date she locked it. I think LSD or someone un-locked it. It wasn't a month old. and it wasn't innactive, so keep your opinions out of doing mod business and stick by the damn rules.

And if nova was having trouble, thats too bad. But don't take it out on me for no reason. If you're feeling down, just take a break instead of banning people for light joke for an unreasonable ammount of time. A kick would have worked, because a kick is like slapping someone's wrist. it tells them that what they did was wrong, and they should not do it. where banning is like banishment....wait. that IS what banning is. The sonner you take your anger or problems out on me the sooner i get P*** off.

Seriously, I was a better mod than half of you on here and it was a shame i was taken off. and No, dont say "here we go about the mod status again" because they have no idea how to:

A. STICK BY THE DAMN RULES. Kapus wrote them for a reason. Though i personanlly dont agree with MANY of them.
B. Take others into account, their feelings matter even if they have 10 posts or 50 or even 2000. Maybe if you guys would do that then maybe they would stop being so unruly while all you guys do is sit in your easychairs and talk about how stupid and immature they are.
C. Taking things personally is a flaw many people have. But this is a luxury you can't have.
When dealing with someone keep a level head and Respond to whatever they may fling back, but never insult back. This is a mistake I had as a mod and was the reason they got taken away, though it was much worse than you would have thought. I made flame topics and got mad at everyone for not following the rules of my topic. though they blatantly dissobeyed the rules and were totally wrong to insult me, i should have stayed calm. and maybe i would still be a nice moderator.

Seriously, the only person i see doing all of this is Isabella, and she isn't even a freaking moderator. She deserves to be premoted. personally the only reason i think Snowy even has her job is because her and smash's FCs are Married...or whatever you kids call it when two not real things are joined together in holynotholy matrimony. I mean, i had a pure example of her many wrong-doings to me personally and Smash said:"Oh! SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT SHES LIKE A SISTER TO ME!". Cut the Bullshit. And when I brought it up while we were discussing Snowy's preformance as a mod all you did was call me a liar. speedy was promoted cause kapus pretty much runs the site. And they are related. And yes this all seems fair and it is, but not a good reason to be premoted to mod status ill tell ya whut.

And to Normal members. STOP BEING WHINEY LITTLE BRATS. Seriously, i know you are children but could you at least grow up and stop breaking the rules? Cussing is not allowed in the chat. Damn and Hell are debatable, and only really banned on boards that protect children. That means Scenic, you have to stop Provoking 84 to post spammy messages and when she does 84 please don't spam back. No one is trying to take your fun away. though this board is becoming stricter every freakin month. You All also have to stop being so protective on creative works and realize that if you post them anywhere on the internet you will MOST LIKELY RECEIVE Criticism. heres an example.

BLATANT INSULT: Ugh, what were you even thinking? This is terrible! You're terrible! You can't draw! Just stop.
CRITICISM: The arm is a bit longer on the left and the face looks rather ugly and mishapen, try moving the nose and mouth closer together and further down the mouth.

THERE. IS. A. DIFFERENCE. And just because nobody likes what you did or likes your ideas, doesn't mean anyone is attacking you. It means they really aren't good and we're trying to help you. Having a noble unwilling-ness to change them and being uncecessarily stubborn and defensive are two different things. Find out somebody doesn't like your ideas? Instead of Crying about it and s*** in your diapers, how about you ASK THEM what they would have done it and compare the two. Who knows maybe they have done the same thing, failed and found a better way or something.

In Concusion everyone in the world has problems. Me, You, and that fat old guy across the street who never wears a shirt. But you have to work on those problems in order to move on. Growing up is also a big part of it. And you can't just become mature. What you should do is when introduced with the same problem react in a different way, a better way next time, and realise the reactions to what you have done, and what is to come of it.

/Rantover

Oh yeah. So many people take things way too seriously on this site. If you are in a bad mood, you don't have to be here.
Back to top Go down
http://sykog77.deviantart.com
Razor
Elite Member
Elite Member
Razor

Male
Registration date : 2010-02-27
Number of posts : 713
Current Mood : hi
Fun Quote : bill:im not joshing you pal

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:07 am

well um im confused. If this is about the chat box why is everyone talking about criticism?

But yeah the mods job are to enforce the rules but not evryone is perferct??? We are all human here right??
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/razor911dude
Eliwood
The Tablet Artist
Eliwood

Male
Registration date : 2009-11-22
Number of posts : 531
Current Mood : I don't know
Fun Quote : At least I cqn spell things

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:09 am

Razor and Lucario :P wrote:
well um im confused. If this is about the chat box why is everyone talking about criticism?

But yeah the mods job are to enforce the rules but not evryone is perferct??? We are all human here right??

nope. the entire group of mods that you know are actually a bunch of robots. Everyone you know is a robot...

Nah, I'm just kidding, we all are human and we have our faults.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Distant Traveler
Distant Traveler
Bob

Male
Registration date : 2008-11-08
Number of posts : 1933

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:10 am

he has a point everyone who is a human makes mistakes

edit: eliwood beat me again..
Back to top Go down
Joe
Flying Coffee table
Flying Coffee table

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:12 am

Yes, but you can try to follow the rules.
Back to top Go down
Razor
Elite Member
Elite Member
Razor

Male
Registration date : 2010-02-27
Number of posts : 713
Current Mood : hi
Fun Quote : bill:im not joshing you pal

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:13 am

Doodlestar wrote:

Joe your right but im my opinion rules are meant to be BROKEN and FOLLOWED but thats just me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/razor911dude
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:22 am

Doodlestar wrote:

Joe your right but im my opinion rules are meant to be BROKEN and FOLLOWED but thats just me.

No, Rules are meant to be followed. but are at times broken.
Only Unjust rules are meant to be broken, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox troubles again   Chatbox troubles again Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatbox troubles again
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next