Sonic World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now and forever.

HomeForum RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchArcadeRegisterLog in

Hey now, here's an observation!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Number of posts : 3723
Current Mood : Moody
Fun Quote : still don't know what a pinterest is
Warning Level : Kapus is too lame for warning points

Hey now, here's an observation! Empty
PostHey now, here's an observation!

Hey, remember that ridiculously long journal I made last time? About SW dying hibernating during the winter? Well, I after reading about that again, I thought of something.

Quote :
I dreamed of turning it into a big, popular Sonic fan site booming with activity. Pretty naive of me, no?

Quote :
looking at the site now, its obvious to me that wouldn't ever happen. Sonic World would never reach that state. Sonic World is a Sonic fan forum. Its just that. Sure, there are plenty of other Sonic Fan sites out there that are extremely popular and well known, but they have other things going for them. Some of them are big communities that host things such as fan games, sprite rips, sprite comics, music rips, etc. Others cover a specific topic like fan games or ROM hacks. Forums are just an add on..

So of course Sonic World couldn't reach that state with just a forum. I became aware of that and tried to do other things to attract popularity. The only things I ever tried were the Arcade and Art Gallery. Neither of those two really worked, obviously. They can't stand up to the stuff others have. Still, though, I looked at the future expecting the site to be very popular and active in a few years. Guess what? Its the complete opposite.

Of course, by now, I'm not trying to make Sonic World into such a thing.
See now, back in the day, I stopped at nothing trying to make this site all big and popular. I think that's why Sonic World was as active as it was. I kept trying new things to attract as many people as possible and make the site big. The Art Gallery, the Arcade, tons and tons of icon changes every month, Seasonal Themes, Weekly/Monthly Banners, smileys, everything! It kept people active and excited for each thing I tried. Because I was so active, so busy doing all that stuff, I think that's where the activity actually came from. Which is so incredibly ironic I can't help but laugh and feel sad at the same time.

Of course, that's not the only reason for the site's demise. At the end of November, 2010, I got really caught up in another site I was going to. I started to fall behind in all the stuff I'd do here. Contests, Seasonal Themes, Banners, etc. Since I stopped trying to make the site big, and I fell behind in my duties here, the site just kinda fell apart. People started coming less and less and they overall had less to talk about. Some months later I tried to come back and fix stuff, but I guess I was just too late. People kind of broke apart and went their separate ways, I guess. We never really hang out together as a group of friends anymore.

I don't even know why I'm making this journal if the site is as dead as can be.

I'm sorry for killing Sonic World, you guys.

Your favorite Chocobo,

Hey now, here's an observation! Kapussignature-1

EELS YET AGAIN
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Hey now, here's an observation! :: Comments

Re: Hey now, here's an observation!
Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:28 am by ~TBS~
I know I never posted, but I can't help but feel bad for this place.

I loved this place for the chat and the people. Nova was an old friend of mine. I know what it's like to have a forum die that you cared about, and no matter how big or how small, forums can become like a family.

I hope that maybe you can get in touch with Nova and Pure and the others so we can get together again soon.

Anyways, your post was nice Kapus, Kudos to you.

And I may not speak for everyone who used to be here. But we, at least I, forgive you. And I know many others do as well.
Kapus
Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:30 am by Kapus
I only just barely managed remember you, TBS, but it makes me so happy to see a post here on this forum again.

Even if it's just one.

Thanks for coming around. Tell Nova I said hi! I miss her, too!
Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:31 am by ~TBS~
I'll shoot her an email telling her you said hi.

And Yeah, I don't think I talked to you that much, I usually stay under the radar as much as possible
Kapus
Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:33 am by Kapus
Well, considering you only had 1 post, no avatar and barely any profile information, it was kind of hard for me to remember.
Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:37 am by ~TBS~
I know, Like I said, I came here looking for Nova, and just started talking to people on the chat. Do you ever talk to pure ever more anymore?
Kapus
Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:39 am by Kapus
I talk to Pure almost every day on skype.

So, yes. She's my bestest best friend.
Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:44 am by ~TBS~
Tell her the black shadow said hi for me? Maybe have her shoot me an email someday or something. Haven't talked to her in... God knows
ReiuziUtsuho
Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:12 am by ReiuziUtsuho
Looking back at how active this site was when I joined, it's somewhat depressing that it's damn near completely dead now. Also, tell Pure I said Hi and that she needs to contact me on Sonic Forever
Zezima
Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:03 am by Zezima
It's like I said way back when. It's only as dead as you allow it to be.
Kapus
Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:42 am by Kapus
And I allowed it to be dead by basically ceasing to do things that kept it alive.
Zezima
Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:53 am by Zezima
Correct. Now let's rectify this inequity.
ReiuziUtsuho
Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:58 am by ReiuziUtsuho
Why not have a Sonic World Reunion every fourth Wednesday of each month? That way, the members won't be surprised when they miss another one because SOMEBODY *coughKappycough* does them at the most random times possible.
Zezima
Post Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:00 pm by Zezima
Sucks for the people trying to attend on a February.
Weiss Schnee
Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:10 am by Weiss Schnee
The fact that the site Admin has given up is quite saddening. That inspires me to help out even more. I will try with the best of my ability to revive this forum. If I fail, at least I can say that I tried.
Zezima
Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:44 am by Zezima
I can support that tract of thought.
Weiss Schnee
Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:53 am by Weiss Schnee
Oh yay.
Zezima
Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:03 am by Zezima
Oy vey.
ReiuziUtsuho
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:05 am by ReiuziUtsuho
Oh god.
Zezima
Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 am by Zezima
Oh Zod.
ReiuziUtsuho
Post Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:58 am by ReiuziUtsuho
Time for Auditing Process R2-45. Now, stay still while I find my Colt...
Zezima
Post Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:43 am by Zezima
No, you stay while I find my mare.
ReiuziUtsuho
Post Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:52 am by ReiuziUtsuho
Oh, quit making yourself look like a jackass, you stupid cow
Zezima
Post Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:59 am by Zezima
As long as you don't touch my chicken.