Sonic World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now and forever.

HomeForum RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchArcadeRegisterLog in

Warning Level

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Number of posts : 3723
Current Mood : Moody
Fun Quote : still don't know what a pinterest is
Warning Level : Kapus is too lame for warning points

Warning Level Empty
PostWarning Level

Warning Level Flaresprite13Now I've been itching to add something to this site. I've got something in mind, but I'll have to ask Miles24 for assistance. I'll do that tomorrow.

This, however, I've been planning to add for a while. Just never got around to it.
I added a Warning System. It generally speaks for itself, but I have to explain it anyway.

Here's how the system goes. If you do anything to break the rules, You will get a warning point.
After you break the rules on your 3rd warning point, you will get a temporary ban. After 3 bans, you will be permanently banned.
This is to keep track of everyone and to justify bans easier.

If you have any suggestions for this, spill it. I'm listening.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Warning Level :: Comments

SuperLightning
Re: Warning Level
Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:17 pm by SuperLightning
Gay.
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:58 am by Joe
Hmm...So 3 warnings is a temporary Ban (We'll have to work out a formula for that, I think the time you're banned should increase with each climbing ban) And 12 is a permanent ban? Great idea, Glad I thought of it!
sykog
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:42 am by sykog
I don't like it. I believe don't thing that all forms of breaking the rules should be reasoned with equally.
LSD
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:43 am by LSD
I have to agree with Skydog here.
Miles24
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:16 am by Miles24
That I must agree with, but the system could apply to only minor offences. Anything outside of the such can be taken care of with the proper actions. I'm also quite curious on what you want to ask me, Kapus.
Huski
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:33 am by Huski
I've seen similar variations on this before and it does seem to work. I'm for it.

And in response to Sykog, if we reasoned with everybody and they did it a second time, wouldn't we essentially be reduced to repeating everything over and over until finally we decide to ban said troublemakers?
You may be for the idea of reasoning always but if reasoning fails once, and then it fails again, it's hardly going to work the other 10 or so times before we ban them, in my opinion. Reasoning could go alongside with initial warnings anyway, couldn't it?
Kapus
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:11 am by Kapus
There is a lot to work on with this idea, and thats why I asked for opinions.
Its probably a bad idea to give all rule breaking the same judgment, seeing how some rule breaks are a lot more severe than others. For example, posting inappropriate pictures on the site is a lot worse than something small like a little bit of spam.

I think that with little things, there should just be a reminder. A big thing would lead to a warning,
a bunch of the little things would lead to a warning.

On that subject, do you all think 3 warning points is a bit harsh?

Last edited by Kapus on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Smash The Echidna
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:24 am by Smash The Echidna
Quote :
For example, posting inappropriate pictures on the site is no where NEAR as bad as something small like a little bit of spam.
I think you should word that the other way around. Makes it sound like a little bit of spam is way worse than the inappropriate pics.

In anycase, I say beef it up to 5 warning points. 3 is a tad harsh. Especially for the new comers who don't know any better.
Kapus
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:29 am by Kapus
Whoops. my bad. That was a typo. I'll edit that.

I do think that 5 is a bit more reasonable, but I'll wait to see what the rest of the staff thinks.
sykog
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:17 am by sykog
Yes, move it up to 5 warning points, but also only 1 suspension before a permanent ban. Once they get banned once, and then get banned again, they very likely won't learn from it.
ReiuziUtsuho
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:20 pm by ReiuziUtsuho
Some things should probably result in a permanent or temporary ban that minute, even if the offender has not been banned or gotten a warning ever before.
Kapus
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:57 am by Kapus
Daniel the Hedgehog wrote:
Some things should probably result in a permanent or temporary ban that minute, even if the offender has not been banned or gotten a warning ever before.

Thats exactly what Miles24 suggested, and I agree to it.

So here's what we've changed. There are now 5 warning points, and only 2 temporary bans.
As said already, some things that are far more severe, like posting racist comments or so, will result in an immediate ban.

I'll update the news topic with these rules. Remember to behave now, people.
Post  by Sponsored content

Warning Level

Page 1 of 1