Sonic World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now and forever.

HomeForum RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchArcadeRegisterLog in

Sonic & Pokemon Madness

Go down 
+9
PikaScein
.:Tamathefox:.
Neo
Isabella
Kapus
sykog
SuperLightning
angry
ReiuziUtsuho
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female
Registration date : 2009-10-17
Number of posts : 740
Current Mood : Having too much fun with Touhou to give a damn about this site's downfall.
Fun Quote : Let the looting begin!
Warning Level : Warning Points: 0

Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:19 am

Update!
I plan on adding a new avatar to the my site avatar gallery soon, but for now, it's still just a concept. No guarantees.
Back to top Go down
http://ask-danielthehedgehog.tumblr.com/
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female
Current Mood : Having too much fun with Touhou to give a damn about this site's downfall.

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 6:05 am

Update!
It's official. My forum is dead. DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD! DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT? D-E-A-D, DEAD!
Please join it and increase activity on it to bring it back!!! I'M
DESPERATE! I'm also thinking about deleting it.
Back to top Go down
angry
Toilet Princess
Toilet Princess
angry

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-16
Number of posts : 3214
Current Mood : See, I might have had a mood. IF, I were just any old dude.
Fun Quote : As if.
Warning Level : Banned

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 7:00 am

I don't think it had that good of a style in the first place. Crossover forums are seriously generic nowadays, and when I see them, my mind doesn't even consider joining. Especially Sonic and Pokemon. I hope I don't sound mean, but I speak the truth.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Number of posts : 3723
Current Mood : Moody
Fun Quote : still don't know what a pinterest is
Warning Level : Kapus is too lame for warning points

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:20 am

I see no redeeming qualities of this site.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Flying Coffee table
Flying Coffee table

Male
Number of posts : 5259

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:45 am

The site is utterly incomplete with an overused, not at all Pokemon skin. Also, you never addressed any of the stated problems other than the popup message.
Back to top Go down
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan
GoldenHedgehog360

Male
Registration date : 2010-03-28
Number of posts : 2151
Current Mood : I dunno.
Warning Level : Warning Points: 1

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:12 am

It just looks like an empty sonic forum.
Back to top Go down
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:54 am

GUYS! YOU'RE JUST MAKING ME FEEL WORSE!

Last edited by Daniel the Hedgehog on Fri May 21, 2010 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Isabella
Isabella

Female
Registration date : 2009-04-21
Number of posts : 1300

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:29 am

We're not trying to make you feel bad. This is called criticism, it's actually a good thing to help you improve. You're just taking it the wrong way. If I were to tell you lies and say it's the most awesome thing in the world just so that I don't make you feel bad, then that would not help you in any way. It world only make it worse.

It's just the truth and honestly you really aren't going to get anywhere with your forum. It doesn't look appealing and it's a crossover. It's better to stick to one subject like just Sonic or just Mario. Using premade skins are bad always especially if it's overused and used by everyone. And you need more places to post in.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:46 am

Alright. As usual, I'm gonna do a complete summary of this forum and tell you why it has no redeeming qualities.

To begin, this is a crossover forum. Not only are those often frowned upon, but its not even a really good crossover.
Crossovers like Mario and Sonic are a bit more cliche, yes, but they're also a lot more popular and accepted.
And even then, you say this is a crossover forum, but it is not a crossover. The only smudge of pokemon I see
on there are 3 (badly named) usergroups. Everything else is Sonic themed. Its not even an original theme. Its
a downloaded theme online. A very overused downloaded theme. Its not even that great. You could at least try to
be original. The downloaded theme trails to the banner. The banner itself is okay, but it does not represent the forum.
It says "S.s.S. For all things Sonic." Not only does that not spell Sonic and Pokemon Madness, but it adds to the Sonic bias on the forum,
saying "For all things Sonic." This is why you shouldn't use downloaded themes like this.

And that leads me to the usergroups. Aside from the administrators group, you have "Supreme overlord Raquaza fan club," "Pikachu lovers,"
"Pokemon Fan Club" and "Sonic Fan club." Anyone could tell that there's more than one problem with this choice of usergroups.
Fan clubs are okay, as long as there aren't too many. its nice to have some name coloration across the forum, although some may disagree.
If I were to make usergroups, I'd go with something a bit more organized and reasonable than fan clubs. For example, I'd go with an Artist's Group,
a group for the artists on the forum. For people who make contributions to the Artist's Showroom. I'd actually apply that usergroup to Sonic World now, but we're a bit cluttered with the usergroups already.

Back on topic. The problems with your usergroups. First of all, it seems you decided to use Fan Clubs as your usergroups. Which would be all well
and good, if they were organized, even, sensible and orthodox. Which they aren't! You have a Supreme Overlord Raquaza fanclub. Not
only is that a stupid name, but compare it to the other usergroups. You have Pikachu lovers, and....Pokemon Fan Club.
Out of all the pokemon, why Pikachu and Raquaza? First of all, there are zillions of pokemon out there. You can't have a usergroup for just
one kind of pokemon like Pikachu. If anything, it'd be best to split them into the pokemon types. I'm no pokemon expert, but I believe
there are Water pokemon, Fire pokemon, Earth pokemon, etc. You could split them into those categories and have usergroups for them.
Wouldn't that be so much better than Supreme Overlord Raquaza fan club and Pikachu fan club?

And then there's the Pokemon fan club. Why? WHY? You have a Raquaza and Pikachu fan club right there! That throws the
other usergroups out the window! Not only is that a bit redundant, (having a pokemon fan club on a supposedly pokemon&Sonic site where pokemon fans are obviously going to be) but it overrides the other bad usergroups, Pikachu and Raquaza. Pokemon is everything! Its ALL of the pokemon! Its very contradicting and makes no sense to me.
And then we have the lone, little Sonic fan club. So let me get this straight. You have two fan clubs for random pokemon, a fan club for all pokemon, but just one little Sonic fan club? What gives? There's not even a Tails fan club! Just Sonic! While the pokemon are over there
with there 3 fan clubs, which is by the way the ONLY visible piece of pokemon on the site, Sonic is with his little usergroup that could.

Okay, enough about the usergroups. Lets look at our final part of the forum. Its content. Lets look at the Portal! I know, the portal isn't very
important, but if you're not gonna make it look good, take it down. In the portal, we have our usual bland content: Statistics, New posts, etc.
Whoops! You also have some forumotion advertisements there! Nobody likes THOSE things, right? Right. They make a forum look bad and
choppy.

And then there's the actual FORUM. Lets see what you offer us! The first forum is...blogs? Huh? Lets look inside! Inside the blog forum is another Blog forum? Weird! Lets look in THERE! Just when I thought that I'd run into yet another blog forum, I see two other forums.
...News blog and Media blog. Media blog said to post your favorite..Youtube stuff here, while news said to post your favorite news stuff.
And now I may ask..do you know what a blog is?

And now we look further. We have Contests and Events. That's all well and good, so is General Discussion, Affiliates are okay, but its better to have a special place for them rather than a forum category. And then we have..what? That's it? THAT'S IT?
So we have 4 forums. 4 clunky and unorganized forums. I don't see any Sonic the Hedgehog forum, no pokemon forum, Not even a forum for
introductions! Please explain this. Kapus does not understand.

Overall, when I look at this forum, it either looks like a forum undergoing construction, or a forum someone abandoned before they could finish
because the idea was bad.

And THAT is why I see no redeeming qualities. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go catch my breath after ranting all this time..
Back to top Go down
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan
GoldenHedgehog360

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:27 am

The previous post was too long, however, I did read the first paragraph. And what Kappy said was true.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:54 am

TurboAce360 wrote:
The previous post was too long

Hey, if he seriously wanted to know what was wrong with his forum, I'm naturally gonna make a big post.
Back to top Go down
angry
Toilet Princess
Toilet Princess
angry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:54 am

I read the entire post. Everything stated above is true.

Although, there were a few things you missed, like the name of the forum itself. "Sonic and Pokemon Madness" is just...a bad and clunky name. Also, in General Discussion, I see Forum Games, and...Member Hangout? That...just doesn't sound right. Its also a clunky name. Also, I'm not really sure what these are called, but...you know how the thing we have on our tab of SW is a ring? ...What is that on yours? That tiny thing..I can't really make it out. More of a question than a complaint.
Back to top Go down
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan
GoldenHedgehog360

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:03 am

Speedy the Hedgehog wrote:
I figured so.
Back to top Go down
LSD
The Forum Enigma
LSD

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-22
Number of posts : 1202

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:06 am

TurboAce360 wrote:
I figured so.

I would suck up to Kapus if he was my brother. D:
Back to top Go down
http://gentendo.forumotion.net/
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:20 am

Although, there were a few things you missed, like the name of the forum itself. "Sonic and Pokemon Madness" is just...a bad and clunky name. Also, in General Discussion, I see Forum Games, and...Member Hangout? That...just doesn't sound right. Its also a clunky name. Also, I'm not really sure what these are called, but...you know how the thing we have on our tab of SW is a ring? ...What is that on yours? That tiny thing..I can't really make it out. More of a question than a complaint.

Whoops! You're right! I did forget a couple of things. I forgot to talk about the contents of General Discussion.
I considered talking about the link icon, but it seemed irrelevant to me.

But yes, the contents of General discussion are questionable. Forum games is a natural category, but it is NOT discussion.
Its forum games. It shouldn't be a subcategory of General Discussion.

As for member hangout, what the crap is that? As far as Kapus can tell, it is no different than General Discussion,
making it completely redundant and pointless. I also see you went ahead and made some topics for everyone to start
with. I have no comment on the post Lol cats topic, but the other one...Talk about stuff here? Are you serious? That is
by far the most redundant topic on the forum. The entire FORUM is for talking about stuff! And even if you want to talk
about something that's not Sonic or Pokemon(which shouldn't be a problem since there is no forum for either of them,)
There's General discussion for that! You can't have a topic for just talking about stuff. This is why people make topics.
Not only to talk about stuff, but to talk about specific topics so we don't have all conversations crammed into one topic.
If you want to talk about little things that don't deserve a topic, then that's what the chatbox is for!

As for the site icon, it appears to be a green recolor of Sonic, which is actually Daniel's avatar, that was badly resized.
I suggest getting a different icon. That's all I'll say.
Back to top Go down
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:35 am

That's it. No point in continuing my forum. Might as well delete it, since I apparently will never be able to get enough activity. I'm just going to take a week to make a final decision.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2010 6:11 am

Since the concept of the forum seemed to have little potential, you could probably try making a new one with a different concept.
Back to top Go down
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:35 pm

I might just keep the same URL but change the site itself.
Back to top Go down
angry
Toilet Princess
Toilet Princess
angry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:13 am

I suppose that'd be fine. But yes, don't remake the forum, actually create a new one, without literally creating a new one.
Back to top Go down
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:46 pm

Kapus wrote:
You also have some forumotion advertisements there! Nobody likes THOSE things, right? Right. They make a forum look bad and choppy.

And then there's the actual FORUM. Lets see what you offer us! The first forum is...blogs? Huh? Lets look inside! Inside the blog forum is another Blog forum? Weird!

And now we look further. We have Contests and Events. That's all well and good, so is General Discussion, Affiliates are okay, but its better to have a special place for them rather than a forum category. And then we have..what? That's it? THAT'S IT?
So we have 4 forums. 4 clunky and unorganized forums. I don't see any Sonic the Hedgehog forum, no pokemon forum, Not even a forum for
introductions!
So far, I've removed the portal and the categories you saw were only the ones visible to guests who don't have accounts. I have a staff forum, which is visible to staff only, A shops category, only visible to members, and an RPG forum, which is visible to members but not unregistered guests. Also, I've deleted the forum containing the blogs and moved the blogs straight to the Blogs category.
Back to top Go down
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:29 am

Latest Update: Probably just going to kill the forum in a week unless I get more activity than just me and my cousin.
Back to top Go down
Rhys the Porcupine
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Rhys the Porcupine

Male
Registration date : 2010-01-27
Number of posts : 3704
Current Mood : Happy
Fun Quote : I never give up, no matter what happens!

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:32 am

Daniel the Hedgehog wrote:
Latest Update: Probably just going to kill the forum in a week unless I get more activity than just me and my cousin.

If you do that, you could try to make a new one.
Back to top Go down
https://sonicworld.darkbb.com/forum.htm
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:13 am

Latest Update: Currently, it is being updated and made better by my cousin, who has more forum experience than I.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:42 am

Being updated, huh? Maybe he can make the forum more appealing.
I'll check it out once he's done.
Back to top Go down
PikaScein
Adventurer
Adventurer
PikaScein

Female
Registration date : 2009-06-13
Number of posts : 1635
Current Mood : Tired x-x
Fun Quote : Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:47 pm

Daniel the Hedgehog wrote:
Speaking of your cousin, how's SH doing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic & Pokemon Madness   Sonic & Pokemon Madness - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonic & Pokemon Madness
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next