Sonic World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now and forever.

HomeForum RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchArcadeRegisterLog in

Site Cleanup!

Go down 
+8
Huski
Isabella
HS22
Smash The Echidna
sykog
Joe
Daz the Hedgehog
Kapus
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Number of posts : 3332
Current Mood : not sure
Warning Level : Warning Points: N/A

Site Cleanup! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 4:37 am

Kapus wrote:
Okay, but the Shadow ones don't match that well, either.
I'll change those.
And I found nothing wrong with the gender icons.
Sure. keep them sprites though. :D
Back to top Go down
http://sykog77.deviantart.com
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Number of posts : 3723
Current Mood : Moody
Fun Quote : still don't know what a pinterest is
Warning Level : Kapus is too lame for warning points

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 4:39 am

Keep the Shadow sprites?
They don't seem to fit very well at all, nor do they express the actions
that you're doing at all.
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 4:56 am

Kapus wrote:
Keep the Shadow sprites?
They don't seem to fit very well at all, nor do they express the actions
that you're doing at all.
No not the shadow ones, I just want sprites.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 4:57 am

umm..okay. Will do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 7:13 am

What, is this a Shadow-free Zone? Get rid of those and it WILL be.
~Shad
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:56 am

Shad&Rose wrote:
What, is this a Shadow-free Zone? Get rid of those and it WILL be.
~Shad
Actually, locked topic is Shadow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:26 am

And how often are locked topics seen? Not often since they tend to sink to the bottom.
Back to top Go down
LSD
The Forum Enigma
LSD

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-22
Number of posts : 1202
Warning Level : Banned

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:48 am

There's nothing wrong with there being no Shadow sprites. I agree, they don't express the action, at all. Shad, if you want to, go to the basket, there plenty of Shadow there. :P
Back to top Go down
http://gentendo.forumotion.net/

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:56 am

Light Speed Dash wrote:
There's nothing wrong with there being no Shadow sprites. I agree, they don't express the action, at all. Shad, if you want to, go to the basket, there plenty of Shadow there. :P
And why do I get the feeling that if this were a character like tails or knuckles you wouldn't say that? Only see him in TWO places besides the locked. And that's the navigation bar.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male
Number of posts : 3611
Current Mood : Something.
Fun Quote : I use this site for archiving writing notes and such. If you see me online, that's why.

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:50 am

Shad&Rose wrote:
Light Speed Dash wrote:
And why do I get the feeling that if this were a character like tails or knuckles you wouldn't say that? Only see him in TWO places besides the locked. And that's the navigation bar.
Chill, Shadow, Chill. What they mean is that there's nothing wrong with Shadow sprites being there in general, its just that the particular sprites there are not expressing the actions they are meant to be. We can still have Shadow there, we just need to change them so that we'll know what it's for without having to move the mouse over it to tell us.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:45 pm

You already know Kaps isn't a huge fan of Shad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:52 pm

Smash The Echidna wrote:
Shad&Rose wrote:
Light Speed Dash wrote:
Chill, Shadow, Chill. What they mean is that there's nothing wrong with Shadow sprites being there in general, its just that the particular sprites there are not expressing the actions they are meant to be. We can still have Shadow there, we just need to change them so that we'll know what it's for without having to move the mouse over it to tell us.
What Dash was talking about was get rid of those sprites all together. Or at least that's the impression that he gave.
And Syk, I'm not a huge fan of amy or sonic but I'm not screaming TAKE THOSE DOWN and I even have them represented fairly adequately on my own site.;
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male
Fun Quote : I use this site for archiving writing notes and such. If you see me online, that's why.

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:55 pm

syk the hobo wrote:
You already know Kaps isn't a huge fan of Shad.
And neither am I.

Shad&Rose wrote:
Smash The Echidna wrote:
Shad&Rose wrote:
Light Speed Dash wrote:
What Dash was talking about was get rid of those sprites all together. Or at least that's the impression that he gave.
And Syk, I'm not a huge fan of amy or sonic but I'm not screaming TAKE THOSE DOWN and I even have them represented fairly adequately on my own site.;
Well, thats not gonna happen so you have nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:47 pm

The lack of black and red somewhat disturbs me. I really don't like being surrounded by so much blue....
And no one is even bothering to consider the fact that I can do sprites. AND transparent ones at that. But no one bothers to ask me to make icons or anything.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:24 pm

Shad&Rose wrote:
The lack of black and red somewhat disturbs me. I really don't like being surrounded by so much blue....
And no one is even bothering to consider the fact that I can do sprites. AND transparent ones at that. But no one bothers to ask me to make icons or anything.
Are you kidding? The entire SITE is Black! but the red part, you do have a point there.

The reason why no one asks you to make sprites is because Kapus is the one who is making the sprites. He does it by himself, but some people pitch in without asking. *looks at Sykog and someone else whom I can't remember did it.* Other than that, Kapus is the one who does it all.
Back to top Go down
Huski
Sonic World's Favorite Pet Fish
Sonic World's Favorite Pet Fish
Huski

Female
Registration date : 2008-11-28
Number of posts : 549
Current Mood : Excited

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:43 pm

I think he meant black AND red together.

I have to say, I like the blue here. It matches well with the black.

Obviously the skin will not appeal to everyone because everyone has different interests and different favourite colours.
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but it does seem that the blue colour is liked around here.
Back to top Go down
http://huski-the-fox.deviantart.com/
Isabella
Isabella

Female
Registration date : 2009-04-21
Number of posts : 1300
Warning Level : Warning Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:58 pm

Shad&Rose wrote:
The majority of the site is colored in black, and its blue because its Sonic's color. Due to forumotion not allowing you to have more than one skin, eliminates the possibility of letting us choose the one we like. We can't have Shadow themed skins or for any other character. It would be an awesome thing if we could have different skins and have the colors corresponding to the character. Fact is we can't so there can't be a skin entirely black and red themed. But, you have to keep in mind that this is a Sonic forum not necessarily a Shadow one. The red thing just wouldn't work for it.

Have you thought of asking if you could make them? You should make at least one and see if everyone likes it, Kap might consider using it. I think everyone is open to someone else making the graphics around here, SL made the register button.
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:17 pm

Well I am trying to make this site black with either orange or lue if you havn't noticed yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:28 am

I'm not calling for an all sonic theme, or all shadow, or all any other character. I'm calling for EQUAL REPRESENTATION or something close to it. And if you're gonna pretty much axe out one character then that's HARDLY equal. It doesn't seem to matter if I made replacement icons or not. I see that they're already being replaced with non-shadow ones.
Hmph. You are all jumping down my throat saying, "it's like this because of blah blah reason" And yet you don't seem to consider the fact that I'm talking about this civilly. I've met some people who wouldn't bother with talk, but would instead just change it to be however they wanted. I'm not saying I'll do that, I'm just saying take care that your posts to me don't sound like you're trying to bite my head off.

Site Cleanup! - Page 3 Ccdash11Site Cleanup! - Page 3 Ccwarp11

A couple I made. I was thinking the second for the portal? But Kapus wasn't sure....
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 7:10 am

I think it is too big, and each frame is seen too clearly.
Back to top Go down
Isabella
Isabella

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 7:14 am

I like the second one for the portal idea, its awesome, but it seems too big.

If I seemed mean, at all, I apologize. Maybe we could have the link colors red instead of orange. Also, maybe Kap can put Shadow on the portal icon that's already made, I think that would be a good idea to add some more Shadow.
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 7:16 am

Isabella wrote:
I like the second one for the portal idea, its awesome, but it seems too big.

If I seemed mean, at all, I apologize. Maybe we could have the link colors red instead of orange. Also, maybe Kap can put Shadow on the portal icon that's already made, I think that would be a good idea to add some more Shadow.
But I like orange better. Besides, then we would have to change all the orange icons red too.
Back to top Go down
Isabella
Isabella

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 7:23 am

Then, is there anything that can be red? Just a little bit not much that would somewhat blend.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 7:26 am

the inbox icon for your PM page has Shadow on it now.
I think it looks pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 7:28 am

Kapus wrote:
the inbox icon for your PM page has Shadow on it now.
I think it looks pretty funny.
It's Link!!!
Oh yes, I like the mod tools so far. I have an idea for basket, if it's not made yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Cleanup!   Site Cleanup! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Cleanup!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next