Sonic World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now and forever.

HomeForum RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchArcadeRegisterLog in

I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site

Go down 
+4
angry
Kapus
sykog
ReiuziUtsuho
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female
Registration date : 2009-10-17
Number of posts : 740
Current Mood : Having too much fun with Touhou to give a damn about this site's downfall.
Fun Quote : Let the looting begin!
Warning Level : Warning Points: 0

I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site Empty
PostSubject: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 5:46 am

Yes, friends, we've been dead as a doornail for just over a year. For example, I've been trying to get people to start posting again, and wish Joe would get on again so I could apologize to him for my block-headedness towards him back when he was a regular visitor. I think that Huski leaving was one of the major warning signs of us starting to die as a group. Let me be the first to break some ice: I wish people would would grave-dig so that I won't have had the last word on every last damned topic. Come on, people!

DO NOT BE AFRAID TO BE THE FIRST TO POST ON A DAMN TOPIC! IF YOU DON'T POST, WHO THE HELL WILL?!

Guests who look at this site will be turned away upon seeing that most of the most recent posts in most of the sections were made several months ago.
Back to top Go down
http://ask-danielthehedgehog.tumblr.com/
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Number of posts : 3332
Current Mood : not sure
Warning Level : Warning Points: N/A

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Accept man, the site is dead. We had a good run
Back to top Go down
http://sykog77.deviantart.com
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female
Current Mood : Having too much fun with Touhou to give a damn about this site's downfall.

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:13 am

To quote Tim Allen, "Never give up... Never surrender."
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Number of posts : 3723
Current Mood : Moody
Fun Quote : still don't know what a pinterest is
Warning Level : Kapus is too lame for warning points

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 5:49 am

I appreciate the effort, but this is getting kind of annoying.
Back to top Go down
angry
Toilet Princess
Toilet Princess
angry

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-16
Number of posts : 3214
Current Mood : See, I might have had a mood. IF, I were just any old dude.
Fun Quote : As if.
Warning Level : Banned

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:57 am

I must agree. I'm happy to see such devoted SW members, but everybody gave up trying to revive it a while ago.
Back to top Go down
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:36 am

I have not yet given up, so there is clearly one person still trying. Therefore, I am either insane or just really freaking devoted. Or both. If everybody who visits actually posted, we would not be dead, now would we? I'm the one trying to break the vicious circle, but it does not help that I am currently not going to resort to double posting. When people come here to visit and see that all of the most recent posts, they simply say, "Oh, it's still dead. I'm not going to break the cycle of deadness because I'm TOO GOD-DAMNED LAZY TO DO SO!!!"

Also, if you have posted in this topic and are not me, my trap has worked on you! I am slowly breaking the cycle, but I need an admin to send out the call to arms. If you post on a few topics, people will think that the site is not dead yet, but it is just slow. If you just sit there and wait for it to revive itself, it will stay dead. I'm breaking my #%& trying to restore this site, and everybody else is just sitting idly, waiting for it to restore itself!

Of course, it does not help that the admins announced that we were starting to die. That just alerted people to the fact, and they bailed out as soon as they could. First rule of engagement: If your leaders start to think that you are fighting a loosing battle, do NOT let them openly say so around the troops, because this will cause your men to loose morale, which will, in turn, cause them to fight less hard, causing the fight to become harder, and this creates a nasty vicious circle. Same thing applies here.

Guys, you could at least HUMOR me and occasionally post on a few topics. Just do it, and watch the magic happen.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Daniel the Hedgehog wrote:
I have not yet given up, so there is clearly one person still trying. Therefore, I am either insane or just really freaking devoted. Or both. If everybody who visits actually posted, we would not be dead, now would we? I'm the one trying to break the vicious circle, but it does not help that I am currently not going to resort to double posting. When people come here to visit and see that all of the most recent posts, they simply say, "Oh, it's still dead. I'm not going to break the cycle of deadness because I'm TOO GOD-DAMNED LAZY TO DO SO!!!"
Uhh, no.

The only people who really still come and look at this site every now and then are Smash, Speedy, LD, Kapus and on very rare occasions, Sykog. I know at least two of those (Smash and Speedy) just use this site for private message storing/sending. We aren't just sitting here waiting for the site to magically revive itself. We have left the site alone now.
We had a lot of fun while it lasted, but the site has pretty much ended now. We're not going to restore it to its previous glory.
Yeah, I suppose if I actually tried, I could probably improve this site and go to other Sonic sites and advertise in an attempt to revive it, but do I want to? No.

If you just sit there and wait for it to revive itself, it will stay dead. I'm breaking my #%& trying to restore this site, and everybody else is just sitting idly, waiting for it to restore itself!
we are not sitting here waiting for it to restore itself. You're the only one trying to restore it, really.

Of course, it does not help that the admins announced that we were starting to die. That just alerted people to the fact, and they bailed out as soon as they could. First rule of engagement: If your leaders start to think that you are fighting a loosing battle, do NOT let them openly say so around the troops, because this will cause your men to loose morale, which will, in turn, cause them to fight less hard, causing the fight to become harder, and this creates a nasty vicious circle. Same thing applies here.
I announced the death of the site when it was already dead. People didn't start leaving because of that. Activity went down because people began to lose interest, started to get busy with other stuff, etc.

If anything, my announcement actually made me people want to try and keep the site alive rather than just leave.

Guys, you could at least HUMOR me and occasionally post on a few topics. Just do it, and watch the magic happen.
Sure, I don't mind making a few posts.
Back to top Go down
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:29 pm

Alright, then, if you do not visit to see if it is making a comeback, then what, pray tell, is your reason for visiting? Surely, if you doubt the odds of it being revived, there is no need for the admins to patrol it anymore, correct? I would think that a moderator would suffice.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:06 am

Well..

I just mentioned in my previous post that some people still visit to send/save private messages. I do that myself.

I don't come to this site to patrol or anything. I often come here to read old posts and look at old stuff to pass time. Sometimes I change random things like the banner or background.
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:07 am

You know, you could start your own forum Daniel. It's not that hard.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:09 am

He already had one. Nobody really came to it.
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Kapus wrote:
He already had one. Nobody really came to it.
I see... bounce
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male
Number of posts : 3611
Current Mood : Something.
Fun Quote : I use this site for archiving writing notes and such. If you see me online, that's why.

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Like Kapus said, I only really visit for Private Message storage. I do that on Sonic Blitz, too. Heck, Why don't you come over there? It's not dead, and some of us have already gone there.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:27 am

Because, as soon as I join, it will go into a decline. I have noticed that my membership has that effect on forums. I'm trying to save you from some trouble and grief. You only have 190 users, and I'm waiting for it to have 200 to join, so that it will hopefully not die when I join.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male
Number of posts : 3611
Current Mood : Something.
Fun Quote : I use this site for archiving writing notes and such. If you see me online, that's why.

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:41 am

No, because Sonic Blitz is a site I try to keep active just like you tried to keep this site alive. I may end up being inactive sometimes, but I'm not going to abandon it.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:18 am

Because, as soon as I join, it will go into a decline. I have noticed that my membership has that effect on forums. I'm trying to save you from some trouble and grief. You only have 190 users, and I'm waiting for it to have 200 to join, so that it will hopefully not die when I join.
That's silly. The site wouldn't die because you joined.

Also, isn't waiting for it to have 200 users a bit hypocritical? You were just talking about how people on this site were sitting around waiting for activity to come rather than trying to make it active themselves.
Back to top Go down
Rhys the Porcupine
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Rhys the Porcupine

Male
Registration date : 2010-01-27
Number of posts : 3704
Current Mood : Happy
Fun Quote : I never give up, no matter what happens!

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 5:13 am

Yeah that is silly to think your presence makes sites dead. Its just sometimes people get busy and it affects the forum. I'll try to come on everyday or at least a few days and help with this issue, as long as we want to get this ship back out to the seas.
Back to top Go down
https://sonicworld.darkbb.com/forum.htm
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:02 pm

She's not quite seaworthy yet, Captain.
Back to top Go down
Rhys the Porcupine
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Rhys the Porcupine

Male
Registration date : 2010-01-27
Number of posts : 3704
Current Mood : Happy
Fun Quote : I never give up, no matter what happens!

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:40 am

I'm not the captain. I thought Kapus was. oEo
Back to top Go down
https://sonicworld.darkbb.com/forum.htm
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:06 am

Yeah, and Joe, if he would come out from behind the curtains, would be the Fleet Admiral.
Back to top Go down
LSD
The Forum Enigma
LSD

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-22
Number of posts : 1202
Warning Level : Banned

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:34 am

Joe handed over ownership of the site to me.

Just so you know.
Back to top Go down
http://gentendo.forumotion.net/
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:41 am

Ok, then you are the fleet admiral, and get your own nuclear submarine, while I am in charge of the battleships. My ships have big, large-caliber artillery pieces, while you are in charge of the nukes.
Back to top Go down
Zezima
Zezima

Male
Registration date : 2009-06-20
Number of posts : 403

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 2:31 am

Daniel the Alicorn wrote:
To quote Tim Allen, "Never give up... Never surrender."

Word.
Back to top Go down
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:52 am

Watch out guys, we've got real a fan of Galaxy Quest over here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site   I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site Empty

Back to top Go down

I've got a message for everybody who still visits this site
Page 1 of 1