Sonic World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now and forever.

HomeForum RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchArcadeRegisterLog in

Back after absence caused by a false AV program

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ReiuziUtsuho
Elite Member
Elite Member
ReiuziUtsuho

Female
Registration date : 2009-10-17
Number of posts : 740
Current Mood : Having too much fun with Touhou to give a damn about this site's downfall.
Fun Quote : Let the looting begin!
Warning Level : Warning Points: 0

Back after absence caused by a false AV program Empty
PostSubject: Back after absence caused by a false AV program   Back after absence caused by a false AV program EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:05 am

Yeah, my dad had to boot up using a Linux 3.6.1 disc to delete the Windows directory and completely re-install the OS because Windows Genuine Advantage was preventing me from using my computer, and it was re-enabled by a rogue Anti-virus program. Also, I think my forum was hacked and the rogue AV was installed there, so, for everybody's safety, I'm closing the site temporarily. I get this from the fact that I've gotten the same false AV twice and, both times, my site was running in the background. Lost all of my bookmarks and saved passwords, and 90% of my files. So, yeah, a pretty stupid week for me. Normally, the worst thing I get is a tracking cookie. This week, I got two full-blown extortion programs, one being the false anti-virus program, the other being the WGA, and phoning in to get a real activation code costs $150, minimum. Also, my Nintendo DS' is dead after my dad tried to fix it but ended up accidentally stripping a cable's surface, rendering the whole thing dead. This is not how my weeks usually go.

Last edited by Daniel the Hedgehog on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated again)
Back to top Go down
http://ask-danielthehedgehog.tumblr.com/
Zezima
Zezima

Male
Registration date : 2009-06-20
Number of posts : 403
Warning Level : Warning Points: 0

Back after absence caused by a false AV program Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back after absence caused by a false AV program   Back after absence caused by a false AV program EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:31 am

At least you're back now, right?
Back to top Go down

Back after absence caused by a false AV program
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sonic World :: Introductions and departures :: Leaving/Returning-
Jump to: