Sonic World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now and forever.

HomeForum RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchArcadeRegisterLog in

Site Renovatatios

Go down 
+11
angry
Technic Generation
Isabella
SuperLightning
Nova X
Kapus
Bob
GoldenHedgehog360
PikaScein
Joe
sykog
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male
Registration date : 2009-05-26
Number of posts : 4098
Current Mood : Why do you need to know? creeper.
Fun Quote : Can't say slaughter without laughter!
Warning Level : Warning Points: 1

Site Renovatatios - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 10:00 pm

ZetsepkuuCD wrote:
Speedy the Hedgehog wrote:
This is the one time I think I have to agree with SL. I don't care if he's done wrong to this site in the past. He's still a human being, and has a right to be treated like one. The staff here really need to start considering people's feelings more often.
I'd never be a moderator then =P, but I don't want to become one anyways

Erm, on to the point. I can understand why SL's still banned, but come on, he's threatened to hack the site in the past and has never done it. Face it, he's a big bluff =P

why would I hack if I haven't been perm banned yet
You know what. I'm not even going to hack if i get perm banned. I've hacked sites in the past (changing banners to something funny :P ) Or other times out of anger.

and it's never really went down well for me. SuperLighting is not my first username in the Internets and thats all im going to spill of my past. and I would get a bad reputation as well. Every other site I join will be like" OmG Dun Invite Him heel Hack Ush!"
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Number of posts : 3332
Current Mood : not sure
Warning Level : Warning Points: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:17 am

SuperLightning wrote:
why thank you. also the gameboy looks inflatable. on the whos online sprite with the chao..i thought it was a baloon.
You're right, it does. Imma fix that.
Back to top Go down
http://sykog77.deviantart.com
angry
Toilet Princess
Toilet Princess
angry

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-16
Number of posts : 3214
Current Mood : See, I might have had a mood. IF, I were just any old dude.
Fun Quote : As if.
Warning Level : Banned

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:50 am

Sceinic wrote:
True that. SOME people need to remember that none of the 193 members on Sonic World are spybots or fake accounts. They're all real people who got onto the internet and happened to join this site. True, some CAN act like jerks sometimes (including myself), but we all have feelings as well.

Me- Well of course I have feelings. However, I happen to have very sensitive ones, and can get easily upset. However, you'll seldom find me screaming on the chatbox in anger.

Golden- Sure he can get a little steamed sometimes, but he's really a truly honest guy. He's also pretty nice, so if he's not human, I'm a brick.

84- I can't believe I'm saying this, but he's human too. Though he IS an annoying jerk, he's actually pretty funny.

Moriah and Rhys- They love each other. Of course they're human.

SL- Of course he's human. Though he can get pretty annoying, he's actually really nice and supportive. He gives well rounded criticism on both the works of Sonic World users, but also on the works of people outside the internet.

Though we all ARE on the internet, we can't truly see each other, listen to each other, or tell by tone or facial expression what we really mean. Just because of that fact, doesn't mean we aren't people. Though the staff here are VERY kind and dedicated, I agree they should be a bit more considerate of other's feelings.
Very well put, Sceinic, that's exactly my opinion on this. Although I don't think I've been much of a problem, every time I'm scolding someone I try to make sure I don't go too far and make them upset.

But hey, guys. Its not just the staff here. Even the members. We've all got to shape up, okay?
Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:59 am

I agree wholeheartedly.

Consider my respect earned once again :)
Back to top Go down
angry
Toilet Princess
Toilet Princess
angry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:14 am

Considered. Thanks for sticking around, bud.
Back to top Go down
Isabella
Isabella

Female
Registration date : 2009-04-21
Number of posts : 1300
Warning Level : Warning Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:57 am

I also think he should be unbanned. I've been here for a year (I think =o) and he has said that before but has never done it. I know that hacking is a serious matter but let's just face it, he was just bluffing like he has before. So when he said it, I didn't really worry about it. And since we all pretty much know how SL is, you should kind of know he's not being serious.
I really don't find him as a nuisance in the chat. He never goes in there for one, and he really doesn't cause problems anymore. He has behaved. I think that keeping him banned is not a good way with dealing with this. Forgive and forget. That's what we should do. Its not like some hacker came on here and threatened to hack the site. If he really wasn't joking then he would have done it already, don't you think. I really think this is being a bit too strict and harsh on him. I understand that banning him at the time may have been the best option at the time. But right now, since we know what happened and everything, its not a very good option to keep him banned.
Back to top Go down
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan
GoldenHedgehog360

Male
Registration date : 2010-03-28
Number of posts : 2151
Current Mood : I dunno.

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:50 am

Considered. Thanks for sticking around, bud.
Yay! And we all live happily ever after!

Or not.
Back to top Go down
PikaScein
Adventurer
Adventurer
PikaScein

Female
Registration date : 2009-06-13
Number of posts : 1635
Current Mood : Tired x-x
Fun Quote : Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:58 am

Sceinic wrote:
True that. SOME people need to remember that none of the 193 members on Sonic World are spybots or fake accounts. They're all real people who got onto the internet and happened to join this site. True, some CAN act like jerks sometimes (including myself), but we all have feelings as well.

Me- Well of course I have feelings. However, I happen to have very sensitive ones, and can get easily upset. However, you'll seldom find me screaming on the chatbox in anger.

Golden- Sure he can get a little steamed sometimes, but he's really a truly honest guy. He's also pretty nice, so if he's not human, I'm a brick.

84- I can't believe I'm saying this, but he's human too. Though he IS an annoying jerk, he's actually pretty funny.

Moriah and Rhys- They love each other. Of course they're human.

SL- Of course he's human. Though he can get pretty annoying, he's actually really nice and supportive. He gives well rounded criticism on both the works of Sonic World users, but also on the works of people outside the internet.

Though we all ARE on the internet, we can't truly see each other, listen to each other, or tell by tone or facial expression what we really mean. Just because of that fact, doesn't mean we aren't people. Though the staff here are VERY kind and dedicated, I agree they should be a bit more considerate of other's feelings.
Very well put, Sceinic, that's exactly my opinion on this. Although I don't think I've been much of a problem, every time I'm scolding someone I try to make sure I don't go too far and make them upset.

But hey, guys. Its not just the staff here. Even the members. We've all got to shape up, okay?

But I never have things well put. 8D
Back to top Go down
angry
Toilet Princess
Toilet Princess
angry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:59 am

Well, you did this time.
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Scenic, you've really matured since when you first joined.
Back to top Go down
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan
GoldenHedgehog360

Male
Registration date : 2010-03-28
Number of posts : 2151
Current Mood : I dunno.

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Yeah, she really has. I guess Kappy rubbed off on her.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Number of posts : 3723
Current Mood : Moody
Fun Quote : still don't know what a pinterest is
Warning Level : Kapus is too lame for warning points

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:27 pm

I rub off on everyone, don't I? Heh heh.

Ahem.

Kapus is late for the debate (as usual) so I got here when things were pretty much sorted out.
But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna say anything about this matter, because this is just preposterous.

As you all will probably have expected, I'm siding with Superlightning here. Most of the members of this forum (wrongly) view him as an overall enemy to the forum rather
than just a normal old member, and actually hope that they can ban him at some point with a good excuse. I'll admit that at one point, I was one of those people.
Fortunately that point has passed. I, myself, have also been losing respect for this site. I planned to give the staff a little guide during the cleanup about
how to run the forum well, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

This incident with SL (what is this, the 18th time?) just makes me roll his eyes. I already unbanned him since this is totally unfair.
Now, I'm not going to make an absurdly long post about this because all of the other members have already said what I wanted to say.
So I'm just going to say this: Think about why SL was banned. He was banned because of a joke, and some swearing. Now, at the time, hell and damn were still against the rules
on this site. So a little warning about that was in order. (that's what kicks are for) Now I can understand you all panicking a bit when he mentioned hacking the site, but seriously.
If he really was going to hack, would he tell you about it? I certainly don't think he would. He even admitted himself that it was a joke. Although, I must say. Threatening
to hack the site if you got banned is very bratty and immature.
Now I can see why you couldn't tell it was a joke since you banned him before he got to chance to say anything about it. Come on, now. Couldn't you at least give him
5 seconds or something? What is this, shoot now and ask questions later? Or rather, shoot now and don't even bother with the questions?
And now, even when he's telling you that its a joke and all a misunderstanding, you still don't unban him. THAT'S the thing that irks me. If there's one thing I have learned
as an administrator of Sonic World in the past month, its that people can change and to give them second chances. I know this isn't SL's second chance(or anything near it) but you get what I mean.
I'm hoping to teach the rest of the staff that as well. Look past SL's old mistakes and mishaps. You all are basically blinded by the past and can't see the present.So stop treating him like dirt now.

You all can take me for example. I used to be...a lot different from I am now. I once went to a forum when I was younger. Being noobish
and immature, I was an annoyance to all of the members there. Although I didn't break any rules, I was rather disliked. But eventually I changed. I grew up and started being more
sensible and mature. My sudden change wasn't widely accepted at first, but people eventually started to see me as a different and more likable person. I still go to that forum today,
and although I'm not very popular there, I am widely recognized and respected as a regular member.
Why can't you all do the same for SL? Sure, its not as easy to see the change in SL as it may have been for me, but it just seems like you all don't want to accept the fact
that SL has changed even a little bit. I, myself, am still not very fond of Superlightning, but I at least have some sort of consideration here.

So yeah. Bottom line, Superlightning is unbanned and we can all go out for some cookies. Lets put us behind us, okay? The main reason that we're not getting along is that
we don't put out past mishaps behind us.

Cookie
There's more in the jar.
Back to top Go down
PikaScein
Adventurer
Adventurer
PikaScein

Female
Fun Quote : Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Cookie I agree with everything you said, Koopoos. More and more people in Today's world irk me.
Whether they're stealing candy from a baby or cussing at a teacher when disciplined. Sometimes I wonder WHY so many horrible and disgusting people would do such things.

Note that I'm not calling the staff horrible and disgusting.

I'm saying they did a rather horrible and disgusting thing. Forgive and Forget: One of Life's most important lessons.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:48 pm

Well..I guess, although I wasn't referring to the attitude of people in today's world.
I mean, I could go on a long rant about my neighborhood, but that has nothing to do with the current topic.

So yeah.
Back to top Go down
PikaScein
Adventurer
Adventurer
PikaScein

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:53 pm

ZetsepkuuCD wrote:
Sykog wrote:
Scenic, you've really matured since when you first joined.
Yeah, she really has. I guess Kappy rubbed off on her.

Oohhhhhh, now I get it. You're going on with the Kapus is MAture thing.

I feel so stupid now. *shot*

Anyways, I know you weren't. But I felt the need to say it.
Back to top Go down
angry
Toilet Princess
Toilet Princess
angry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:53 pm

Yeah, I completely agree with what you said, but the only people you could have been talking to are Joe and Snowy, since everyone else is on SL's side.
Back to top Go down
PikaScein
Adventurer
Adventurer
PikaScein

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Just because they sided with SL, doesn't mean the incident wasn't partly their fault. If they were on the chat, did they speak out? Probably not. Did they unban him? Nope. Koopoos had to do it.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:05 pm

That doesn't mean they were on the chat, either. They probably weren't there to do anything.
Also, Speedy unbanned SL, but Joe banned him back.
Back to top Go down
PikaScein
Adventurer
Adventurer
PikaScein

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:08 pm

Then Speedy is on my good site. *brick'd*

I'm wondering if Joe even cares about this site and it's members anymore.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Of course he does. Joe makes mistakes every now and then, but he's still trying to help the site properly.
Joe isn't the punk he was 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
PikaScein
Adventurer
Adventurer
PikaScein

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:13 pm

I want you to go to the Security Section of the admin panel and count all the administrative actions Joe has made in the past week.

Now go count yours.
Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:16 pm

Okay that was cool Kapricorn.

And I will behave untill further notice.
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:56 am

SuperLightning wrote:
Okay that was cool Kapricorn.

And I will behave untill further notice.
Dude. You stole my nickname.
Back to top Go down
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:47 am

lies.......
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male
Number of posts : 3611
Current Mood : Something.
Fun Quote : I use this site for archiving writing notes and such. If you see me online, that's why.

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:00 am

I am glad that this is all cleared up. I was going to unban you myself, but everyone said that they wanted to see what Kapus was gonna say about it, so I just waited. Of course I agree with everything he said, I actually figured he'd say that.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Renovatatios   Site Renovatatios - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Renovatatios
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next