Sonic World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now and forever.

HomeForum RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchArcadeRegisterLog in

Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.

Go down 
+12
Moriah214
Rhys the Porcupine
angry
GoldenHedgehog360
Lime
Joe
Miles24
Huski
Smash The Echidna
SuperLightning
sykog
Kapus
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Number of posts : 3723
Current Mood : Moody
Fun Quote : still don't know what a pinterest is
Warning Level : Kapus is too lame for warning points

Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. Empty
PostSubject: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:33 am

This here is Kapus' (un?)official list of Running Gags, Memes, and inside Joes that have been going on at Sonic World.

1) CAT MOUTH: This one had an odd origin. This started up about a year ago, when Destiny showed me and some other people one of her drawings. The character in her drawing had an anime-like cat mouth. Immediately, I screamed "CAT MOUTH," for no real reason other to be random. Afterward, everyone else there screamed CAT MOUTH. After some discussion, we said that we'd yell
CAT MOUTH every time we see one of Destiny's drawings. However, we forgot about it a few weeks later and hardly anyone remembers
the CAT MOUTH. A few people, such as Destiny and I, still make references to the CAT MOUTH.

2) Kapus' Hamster wheel: This originated from the Kapus Chronicles(see farther down below for the Kapus Chronicles). Its a Hamster Wheel that I like to ride in. It doesn't seem to be attached to anything, so I can just go wherever I please with it.
The Hamster Wheel is often mentioned on the site.

3) Joe's Eating Habits: I
Joe has been known to eat just about anything. This mostly came from the fact that, about a year ago, if Joe saw something he didn't like in the chatbox, he would "eat it." This has spawned numerous phrases and references. For example, someone might say ;I don't wanna go to school! Joe ate my text book!

4) Eggplants: Yes, Eggplants in general are a running gag. I don't know where it begin, but it is common knowledge on this site that Eggplants are evil and must be terminated. Anyone affiliated with Eggplants is also considered a "Traitor."

5) Trespasser and ketchup: This one has been around ever since Tres joined this site, I believe. Tres is known to be extremely addicted to ketchup, and it is mentioned quite often on the site, Whether its in the chat, or on the forum.

6) Motobug: This one originated from the Weekly Banners. When we say Banner, we are referring to the forum header. That is, the big image at the top of the forum. Motobug is, in fact, the very first enemy of the Sonic Series, appearing in Green Hill Zone. Motobug would appear in just about every banner doing something silly. Eventually, Motobug would become an Easter Egg hidden in the Banners somewhere. Motobug is pretty well recognized on the site for his role in the Weekly Banners, and has even made it to the Christmas banners made by Sykog and Zatic.

7) Miles24 the post generator: This one started up when someone said that Miles24 would reuse the same sentence when welcoming a new member to the site. Whether this is true or not, I don't remember. It might be, though. Regardless, it became
a large joke afterward and people would always calm him "Miles24 the post generator." People still use this joke today.

8) KAPUS IS MATURE: This one is ridiculous. What's that you say? All of these are ridiculous? Good Point.

Anyhow, this one started up last October, I believe. At this time, people were swapping names and imitating each other. Sadly,
Zatic ended up being the one to imitate me. I was afraid to see what he'd say. It actually ended up being hilarious. He said things like
"Superlightning, I'm banning you because I'm Kapus and I'm mature." or "I'm busy working on the new banner right now because I'm Kapus and I'm mature." As you probably have guessed, he would do anything he wanted and add "Because I'm Kapus and I'm mature"
at the end of it. Everyone found this hilarious, and even after that event, they still reference to it.

9) The Kapus Chronicles:....oh boy, where do I begin? It started out like this: A long time ago, about a year and 1 month ago, I, along with some other people, were fooling around in the chat box. We ended up doing this random, nonsensical "RP."
The RP involved Jafar, his sidekick Kapus(That's me!), Sykog77, Tres, and the rest of the gang trying to save Princess Daisy(Snow Goddess) from The Evil King Bowser(LSD). In the end, it was Kapus against Bowser. Bowser ended up killing himself with lightning, and Kapus saved Princess Daisy. Tres got a kiss from the princess(despite the fact that he did absolutely nothing) and everything was happy.

Now this "RP" wasn't intended to start anything, but it did. A few days later, another random "RP" started up, highly based on the other one. It made several references to the other one as if it was a sequel to it. It involved Isabella drawing on Trespasser's face and blaming Kapus for it, causing him to get thrown in prison. In prison, Kapus had to find a way to escape with a Hamster Wheel being his only tool. Somehow, I managed to escape keeping my Hamster Wheel. After this RP, people started to acknowledge the random ""RPs"" that would happen in the chat every once in a while. I started calling these RPs "Kapus Chronicles," or "Kapus Kronicles."
People disagreed with the name at first, but we eventually started calling them that anyway. There has been a whole lot of Kapus Chronicles after that, all focusing on random surreal humor. I have almost all of the Kapus Chronicles saved to my computer on notepad. Kapus Chronicles never start intentionally. They always begin with a weird, random conversation in the chatbox then just fall together. Kapus Chronicles have no set story, either. The story also falls together. Nobody is in charge of it, so it goes in whichever direction. Kapus Chronicles are widely recognized on the site and are extremely hilarious. Sadly, there hasn't been another Kapus
Chronicles in about half a year. Kapus Chronicles aren't exactly a Meme, Inside Joke or Running Gag, but they still need to be mentioned.

10) Eels: If you are reading this list, than you have to be looking for Eels somewhere in here. Well, here they are, at number 10. Eels are probably the most well known and popular running gag on this site. Nobody knows how or when it started.
Eels are just mentioned, referenced too, and joked about all the time. There is even a joke about a Legendary Golden Eel of prosperity. Heck, there's even an eel smiley. Eels are just everywhere. Nobody knows what started this running gag. Personally, I blame Speedy.

11) Kapus and his nicknames: It has been quite customary for people to call me something other than "Kapus."
My first nickname was Kappy. Than Cappy came, then Kap, then Kappin, and many, many others. I have more nicknames than anyone else on this site. People have acknowledged the fact that I have an abundant amount of nicknames and how they bother me.
There are actually only a few nicknames of mine that I like. My ridiculous amount of nicknames are often referred to, and even have a topic dedicated to them.

12) The Dancing Banana: Although this thing is a meme on the internet by itself, it has developed its own reputation
here. Not a good reputation, mind you. The Dancing Banana was once a smiley. A very large smiley. At that time, it was the most overused smiley on the site and was widely hated. Younger members seemed to enjoy spamming the smiley. I eventually got around to deleting the monstrosity. Although the banana is gone forever now, it is still in the memories of the members. It is frequently referred to.

13) Eva the Eggplant: This is an odd one. While not a very big running gag, it is constantly talked about and referred to.
It began like this:
During a very "Kapus Chronicle" like RP involving me, I ran into what appeared to be an eggplant. An intelligent eggplant that had
the ability to move and think. I, hating eggplants, naturally tried to ignore the eggplant and go about my business. The eggplant
instead begin to cuddle with me and stay with me. It was later revealed that the eggplant was the princess of the Eggplant Kingdom
and fell in love with me at first site. Horrified, I managed to get away.
Later, though, I was kidnapped by the Eggplant Army and almost forced into marriage with the eggplant princess named "Eva."
I managed to escape again and Eva was never heard from after that.

Despite originating in a bizarre and random RP, Eva is often referred to, mostly on the chat. She has been mentioned quite a few times
in the Kapus Chronicles. Speedy constantly mentions Eva to bother me.

14)Fishki This is one of the more well known ones, and is probably not even considered an inside joke to some.
Few people actually know the origin of Fishki. Despite being born on Sonic World, Fishki is probably more popular as a joke on
Chao Talk. It originated when Snow Goddess started pretending that Huski was her pet fish (why, I don't know.) She eventually named her
"Fishki." And then it snowballed. We had Fishki sprites, Vampire Fishki, random Fishki drawings, and more. It became quickly popular just
like that. The joke eventually spread to Chao Talk, where it is almost an abused meme over there. Many spin offs of Fishki have appeared,
such as "Carpus," a mixture between Carp and Kapus. Carpus was not originally intended to be a Fishki spin off, but it turned into one.

15)What is Kapus? This is one of my favorite ones, and one of the most largely expressed. This running gag is probably
mostly due to the fact that nobody knows the real origin of the name Kapus This one has been going on
for a long time. Its been a question people have always been wondering. What exactly is Kapus? It probably started back in the early
days of SW, when Joe said that "Kapus" sounded like a weird sea monster to him. Then it as implied that I was a chao, specifically a hero
chao of some sort. Then there were more implications later, as many people
(including me, Kapus himslef,) mentioned Kapus being a specific thing, sometimes not even a living being. This is further helped in some of
the blog posts and help topics that I made, where at the end I would say "your favorite (insert something odd), Kapus." I would say I was
a dishwasher, a pencil sharpener, a doorknob, etc. And then Carpus showed up, and it was widely implied and talked about that I was a
carp of some sort. Then I started saying that I was a toaster, which is now one of the most widely used guesses. Most people nowdays say
I'm a toaster, and often make references to me being a toaster. Eventually I declared that Kapus is a Kapus. Instead of people believing that,
they went back to calling me a bookmark, a dishwasher, a carp, and all the others..
Bottom line, I think its safe to assume that Kapus is..well..a Kapus. And don't go asking me what a "Kapus" is. I don't know either.

Fun Fact: Kapus is a Chocobo.

=========

I can't think of any more at the moment. If you all have any to add, post them here. You can also discuss these running gags and inside jokes within this topic. If I remember anymore of these, I'll add them.

I hope you all don't feel that this topic ruins the magic of these jokes.

Last edited by Kapus on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Number of posts : 3332
Current Mood : not sure
Warning Level : Warning Points: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:39 am

I still use CAT MOUTH every once in a while, I just haven't been in the chat much recently. I used to think It was CAT FACE though. And yes, Miles says the same thing EVERY time.
Back to top Go down
http://sykog77.deviantart.com
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male
Registration date : 2009-05-26
Number of posts : 4098
Current Mood : Why do you need to know? creeper.
Fun Quote : Can't say slaughter without laughter!
Warning Level : Warning Points: 1

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:46 am

CAT MOUTH
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male
Number of posts : 3611
Current Mood : Something.
Fun Quote : I use this site for archiving writing notes and such. If you see me online, that's why.

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:13 am

Eelfish

I'm posting a flopping eel because I'm Kapus and I'm Mature.

Last edited by Smash The Echidna on Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:19 am

Smash misspelled Eel because he has a cat mouth.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash The Echidna

Male
Number of posts : 3611
Current Mood : Something.
Fun Quote : I use this site for archiving writing notes and such. If you see me online, that's why.

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:22 am

I didn't even notice the A.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
SuperLightning
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
~火 FIRE BREATHER 火~
SuperLightning

Male
Registration date : 2009-05-26
Number of posts : 4098
Current Mood : Why do you need to know? creeper.
Fun Quote : Can't say slaughter without laughter!

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 5:35 am

Cat mouth. giggity.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 5:44 am

added Kapus and his nicknames to the list.
Back to top Go down
Huski
Sonic World's Favorite Pet Fish
Huski

Female
Registration date : 2008-11-28
Number of posts : 549
Current Mood : Excited

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:58 am

Smash The Echidna wrote:
Eelfish

I'm posting a flopping eel because I'm Kapus and I'm Mature.

what's funny is that image is actually fishplz on deviantART and not an eel.

:wth:
Back to top Go down
http://huski-the-fox.deviantart.com/
Miles24
Two-Tailed engineer
Two-Tailed engineer
Miles24

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-04
Number of posts : 1879
Current Mood : Tired

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 9:15 am

I have but one item I would like to say.
Welcome to Sonic World. I hope you enjoy your stay here.
*braces to be hit with a very painful object*
To be truthful though, I never did use a generator of any kind to write my replies.
Back to top Go down
http://angelislandhidout.canadian-forum.com
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Added two more to the list.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Flying Coffee table
Flying Coffee table

Male
Number of posts : 5259
Warning Level : Banned

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Miles24 wrote:
I have but one item I would like to say.
Welcome to Sonic World. I hope you enjoy your stay here.
*braces to be hit with a very painful object*
To be truthful though, I never did use a generator of any kind to write my replies.
What? No on eever hit Miles?
*Throws a Marshmallow at Miles*
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:03 am

I planned to throw something at him, but I'm all out of duct tape rolls.
Back to top Go down
Huski
Huski

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:25 am

if there's an eggplant which i've not heard of in this list (seriously i've never heard anyone reference "eva the eggplant")
why is fishki not there
fishki originated from sw :wth:

/whiny
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:27 am

Ah, right. I knew I was forgetting something.
I planned to add Fishki yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Lime
Lime

Male
Registration date : 2008-11-30
Number of posts : 198
Location : Im everywhere at once but im also nowhere to be found
Current Mood : rAnDoM
Fun Quote : must...resist....stupidity impulse

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:50 pm

-_- oh why oh why.....ARE EGGPLANTZ SO EVILZ! THEY ATEZ MY COOKIE AND ARE WEARING MY SOCKZ! D:
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:04 pm

Added 2 new ones to the list, "Fishki" and "What is Kapus?"
Back to top Go down
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan
GoldenHedgehog360

Male
Registration date : 2010-03-28
Number of posts : 2151
Current Mood : I dunno.

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:07 pm

What is Kapus? I have no clue.
Back to top Go down
Huski
Huski

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 7:10 pm

About the Fishki thing, I was turned into a fish in chat. I don't remember how or why that happened, but Jafar was there so it was probably his fault. So I changed my name to "Fishki".
And then Snowy adopted me for some reason.

..and carpus is actually how i really pronounce kapus
and it just happens to have "carp" in it so it's the kapus-fishki
also, SL made "Fishic" and I think Tres made something which vaguely looks like Fishki. But it was red and looked like it had rabies.

Quote :
(including me, Kapus himslef,)
himslef?
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:51 am

Kapus is OBVIOUSLY an ninja Cappy.
Back to top Go down
angry
Toilet Princess
Toilet Princess
angry

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-16
Number of posts : 3214
Current Mood : See, I might have had a mood. IF, I were just any old dude.
Fun Quote : As if.
Warning Level : Banned

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:06 am

Kapus Himslef... is that your last name?
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~
Kapus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:27 am

Huski wrote:
About the Fishki thing, I was turned into a fish in chat. I don't remember how or why that happened, but Jafar was there so it was probably his fault. So I changed my name to "Fishki".
And then Snowy adopted me for some reason.
Ah, okay. Figures Jafar was in on it somehow..

Huski wrote:

..and carpus is actually how i really pronounce kapus
and it just happens to have "carp" in it so it's the kapus-fishki
That's why I said Carpus wasn't originally supposed to be a Fishki spin off.

Speedy the Hedgehog wrote:
Not quite. Its a fake last name I use to throw off the enemies.
Back to top Go down
sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin
sykog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 6:31 am

Kapus Himslef wrote:

Speedy the Hedgehog wrote:
Not quite. Its a fake last name I use to throw off the enemies.
No, I don't believe you.
Back to top Go down
Rhys the Porcupine
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Rhys the Porcupine

Male
Registration date : 2010-01-27
Number of posts : 3704
Current Mood : Happy
Fun Quote : I never give up, no matter what happens!
Warning Level : Warning Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:42 am

You plan on posting more stuff in it Kapus?
Back to top Go down
https://sonicworld.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Moriah214
Moriah214

Female
Registration date : 2009-07-06
Number of posts : 676
Current Mood : Bored.
Fun Quote : Drama is for the theater, not every day life!!
Warning Level : Warning Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:47 am

Rhys if you read what he put at the bottom;

"I can't think of any more at the moment. If you all have any to add, post them here. You can also discuss these running gags and inside jokes within this topic. If I remember anymore of these, I'll add them."

I'm surprised your not in here for all your typos Rhys.
Back to top Go down
http://sparkle-amethyst14.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.   Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonic World's Memes, Running Gags, and Inside Jokes.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next